SaabCentral Forums banner

661 - 669 of 669 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Alarm Off

I've kept mine off for what seems like a couple of years. When I start the car I kind of automatically go to push the message off . . . part of reaching for the gear lever. Still, if a Tech 2 can turn it off that might be my first visit to a shop with a Tech 2 near Chico. Eighty miles to the north or 80 miles to the south. I'm thinking to do the one which doesn't also work on Ferrari.

I think car alarms turn out to be pretty stupid, at least in all the places I've lived. So glad to be rid of it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Past experience - gonna be an issue again. (2002 95 ARC) My alarm goes off, even though there was nothing wrong with the power supply. I was told by service mgr. that the entire module had to be replaced (not simply batteries),which was very costly proposition.
Any truth to that? Is replacing the batteries a viable option?

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
got it - parsing through it now. lots to learn... Thanks
Take note of the capacitors and their respective descriptions, they are the problem not the batteries in my experience, I have fixed four modules by replacing the caps only not the batteries.

The caps are easier to do.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have a 2000 9-3 I believe these are all the same. There is a tutorial on how to change the capacitor and 2 more things, its an easy job if you can solder.

I just disconnected it and never got around to it (unplug at the harness and called it a day). Car works and the immobilizer works you just wont have the siren going off. So I just decided to not replace it.

661 - 669 of 669 Posts