SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my car has been in for repare (rear bumper scratched) since i got it back this message appears when starting up.
Is this just a co-incidence and the alarm is showing for a service or is soething wrong?
thanks
2002 9-5 (face list)aero saloon

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,I've just had a new siren fitted today,the saab dealer put my 95 aero 2000on his testing equipment and showed a fault,I was getting the same message when I turned my ignition on,the cost £175 inc vat for the siren I did the fitting myself,if you do the same,be aware that the first time you switch the ignition on it will still show fault,until you lock then unlock the car.
Hope this helps
Steve

·
Registered
4 Posts
service theft message

I have read all of this thread, but I feel like I am getting this message for another reason. I have a 2000 9-5 and was getting a check engine warning. I felt it was a bad gas cap and I replaced it. The check engine warning still appeared. I read in another post about pulling #17 fuse to reset your computer. After replacing the fuse, the check engine light went out, but the service theft message now appears on startup. Now, everybody else is talking about replacing batteries and tilt sensors. I did not have this message until I pulled fuse #17. What did I do, and how can I undo it? The batteries couldn't have gone bad at that very moment. Thanks, wileyxs

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Fuse #17 is for the ecu, its not related to the alarm system so its probably just coincidence. Why did you feel the CEL was gas cap related? There are literally hundreds of reasons that could cause a CEL. :confused:

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Pulling fuse 17 simply dumps all the stored information, good stuff and bad stuff like fault codes etc, hence the check engine light going off.

I cant see this being the cause of the message now being shown really :confused:

It is possible to manually cause this message to appear if you lock and then deadlock the car too quickly, i.e. press the lock button on the fob twice in very quick sucession, but last time I mentioned this I was told that the deadlocks aren't enabled in the US...........

All a bit confusing really :confused:

·
Registered
4 Posts
It is possible to manually cause this message to appear if you lock and then deadlock the car too quickly, i.e. press the lock button on the fob twice in very quick sucession, but last time I mentioned

I was manually locking and unlocking the car. So I was not using the fob. Could that have something to do with it?

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
wileyxs said:
I was manually locking and unlocking the car. So I was not using the fob. Could that have something to do with it?
No sorry I think I'm confusing you ;oops:

Its when you press the lock button on the fob too rapidly after the first press, but again I dont htink this is even available in the US - so best ignore that idea.

Having said that, if you use the fob to lock and unlock do you still get the message? ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Having said that, if you use the fob to lock and unlock do you still get the message? ;)Today 06:09 PM

Yes, but oddly enough it started when I removed #17 fuse. Can I re-calibrate the computer?

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
wileyxs said:
Yes, but oddly enough it started when I removed #17 fuse. Can I re-calibrate the computer?
You can pull the fuse again, leave it out for 10-15 mins.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You can pull the fuse again, leave it out for 10-15 mins.

Well, what ya know? The alarm system warning is gone. I guess when I pulled the fuse before, I did not leave it out long enough. Now the only message is to test the brakes, which goes out promptly upon testing the brakes. I guess that is normal. Thanks Chris. What would the Saab dealership have charged me? I wonder how many of the other posts were not battery or siren problems. Seems like half still get the message after replacing the parts. Thanks again. wileyxs

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
wileyxs said:
The alarm system warning is gone.
Well done, lets hope it stays gone ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts