SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I've read through as much as I can on the forums and within WIS, but I can't wrap my head around this one. I'm getting the "Service Theft Alarm" message on the SID every time I start the car. I'm also unable - 95% of the time - to unlock my doors with my remote key; I have to go old-school with actually putting the key into the lock! When I can unlock the car, it's after pressing the lock button on the key at least 4-5 times.

Is this two separate issues, or are these related? My plan of attack is to first address the STA message by replacing the batteries and capacitors in the alarm. That's what the interwebs seems to agree is the correct course of action for the SID message.

Will this magically allow my key to work again? This is where I got lost in the forums: I didn't see that the issue with the key, and the STA message necessarily went hand in hand.

Adding to the fun is that I only have one working key! Getting a second key is definitely high priority, but for now I mention it because I haven't been able to use a second key to rule out an issue with the key that's currently giving me trouble. I have replaced the key battery, however. I even tested it to ensure it's putting out 3V.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I took the view that my 2004 car, even though an Aero, isn't a high risk crime target. I had the alarm written out via Tech 2, and the red light still blinks.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Issues probably unrelated.
The STA is probably due to the backup siren module failing however changing batteries and capacitors are no guarantee of a fix and not worth the hassle or expense imho.

As you need to have a Tech2 session to pair a 2nd key your best option is imho to simply have the STA message turned off for good (cant remember if its an option in programming the DICE of Twice module).

If you are getting phantom alarms (horn) etc then its s different problem likely to be a sensor issue.

·
Registered
10,268 Posts
The Service Theft Alarm message is actually disabled through the SID programming menu. I recently did that on both of my 9-5s. The programming seems to stick even when you remove an SID and put it in a different car.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I could really care less about the alarm; I just don't want to have to clear the STA message every time my car starts. The chirp for doors locking/unlocking is nice, though I understand that this can be reprogrammed to the horn via Tech2? Having only one key is the real pain at the moment. I need to get that taken care of ASAP.

·
Registered
10,268 Posts
Dogsdangles, I just noticed you're in Seattle, too. What part? I'm in North Seattle, in the Lake City area. If you ever wanted to stop by, I could turn off your STA message. I haven't played around with my Tech 2 enough to figure out how you get the horn to honk instead of the alarm chirp.

·
Registered
8,791 Posts
Check that ignition lock pops up when remove key. If not, TWICE prevents remotes to operate locks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts