SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day, returning to car after parking, 'Service steering lock' message comes up - steering locked & won't allow me to start. Locked, walked away, came back again. No joy. After about an hour got started, no idea how I got rid of it! after [unsuccessful] lengthy call to RAC telling me to 'turn the wheel forcefully and push start button with fob' [not convinced about that TBH, & didn't do the trick anyway] So cancelled RAC & seems fine since. What could cause this? Is it likely to recur? & will it be costly?

·
Registered
71 Posts
my experience says electrical gremlins like this are the sign of a weak battery.

silly errors like that will come and go for a week or two then become more prevalent till the battery has been changed. (these cars chew up batteries at a rate of about one every two or three years)

·
Super Moderator
1,398 Posts
my experience says electrical gremlins like this are the sign of a weak battery.

silly errors like that will come and go for a week or two then become more prevalent till the battery has been changed. (these cars chew up batteries at a rate of about one every two or three years)
Yep, main battery is always suspect after a couple of years so I’d take a closer look at that. The V6 models especially, with the battery location right up against the turbo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
Joshinator99
SaabCentral Forums
SaabCentral forum the most comprehensive Saab resource on the internet. Join our discussions on the Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5, Saab 900, Saab 9000 and all other Saab models, choose your forum.
Full Forum Listing