SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here in the USA Saab has'nt released a manual since '94. In fact noone has a manual for a Saab since that time. Kind of makes it difficult to work on my 9-5. I noticed that on your UK site there is a manual that covers this car. Does anyone here know if there are significant differences between your cars and ours. I'd like to get one of these manuals since it's the only thing out there. Btw, I really need the electrical schematics if any one knows about those.:confused:

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Bob, the cars are the same except your steering wheel is mysteriously on the wrong side. :cheesy: Buyers beware though it only covers the 4 cylinder models, not the V6.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Kermit said:
Bob, the cars are the same except your steering wheel is mysteriously on the wrong side. :cheesy: Buyers beware though though it only covers the 4 cylinder models, not the V6.
Well - It's definitely not on the "right" side :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Kermit, and yes we do drive on the other side. Now if I could just find a UK to USA translator, I might be able to read that manual.;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
TurboBob said:
Here in the USA Saab has'nt released a manual since '94. In fact noone has a manual for a Saab since that time. Kind of makes it difficult to work on my 9-5. I noticed that on your UK site there is a manual that covers this car. Does anyone here know if there are significant differences between your cars and ours. I'd like to get one of these manuals since it's the only thing out there. Btw, I really need the electrical schematics if any one knows about those.:confused:
Hi TurboBob,

I purchased the Haynes Service and Repair Manual for my SAAB 9-5 SE from the UK site. The manual is really quite helpful in helping you understand where all the basic components are located. Also, it provides the correct English description for these components. If you look under the hood (Underbonnet) you'll notice that the American version has the brake fluid reservoir on the right side of the engine. However, the British Haynes manual depicts the brake fluid reservoir on the left side of the engine. Other than that, it's quite simple. I wish that someone would write or publish a detailed maintenance manual with high quality paper and high resolution photographs? Sometimes it's difficult to see the photos in black and white. I also purchased the SAAB 95 Quick Reference Parts Manual, published by SAAB CARS USA. This manual provides a highly detailed exploded view of every part of the SAAB 95 and provides the SAAB part numbers. It's great since I don't have the online Electronic Parts Catalog that the dealers use. I live in Bakersfield, California, so I have to perform some basic maintenance. I now have a great SAAB technician Walter Wong, of the "The Right Solutions" in Los Angeles, CA servicing my SAAB. He's been factory trained in Sweden. The only problem is that he is 100 plus miles south of where I live. BTW, my mother was born in Montana. What a beautiful State!

Best regards,

Tony

1 - 5 of 5 Posts