SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my 9-5 serviced right before Christmas, and at that time was the 40K mile service, the car had about 39K miles at the time. Now just 4 months later im getting the message again and the car has approx 46K miles. Is it really necessary to service it that quickly. I realize that I put quite a number of miles on it, but does it require the maintenance that often? i was wondering how this message resets itself? At first thought im thinking to ignore it for a little while just b/c servicing every 3 months can get quite expenisve at $300 a service, but just a day or so again the check engine light came on, but the car feels fine and drives fine. any help/advise would be truly appreciated

·
Registered
44 Posts
The older 95 should be serviced every 12,000 miles or every year what ever one comes first. My dads 2003 (new shape) 95 should be seviced every 18,000 or year, and I dont think it shouldnt matter how many miles you do :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kermits 9-5 said:
Vivek, what message are you getting? Is it the SERVICE DUE message on the SID, or the CHECK ENGINE light?
Im getting the "time for service" message on the SID, and the check engine light under the fuel guage. But to add another twist, when i went out to grab lunch an hour ago, the check engine light was gone, but the "time for service" message was still on the SID :confused:.

im thinking i might just have the oil changed now and go in for the service after i hit 50K, which will probably be in about 6 weeks

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
To clear the SERVICE DUE message, press CLEAR on the SID, then press and hold CLEAR until you hear a bong and see the message SERVICED on the SID. The CEL is definately a dealer thang i'm afraid.
The SERVICE DUE message should display after 11500 miles or 12 months whichever is sooner. The dealer should reset it after servicing, but they sometimes forget. :roll:

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
95 Aero said:
The older 95 should be serviced every 12,000 miles or every year what ever one comes first. My dads 2003 (new shape) 95 should be seviced every 18,000 or year, and I dont think it shouldnt matter how many miles you do :)
Please dont follow this routine with regard to oil changes, an oil and filter change is very inexpensive compared with an engine or turbo failure, please change the oil (fully synthetic)and filter (genuine one) every 6,000 miles maximum.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Chris 9-5 said:
Please dont follow this routine with regard to oil changes, an oil and filter change is very inexpensive compared with an engine or turbo failure, please change the oil (fully synthetic)and filter (genuine one) every 6,000 miles maximum.
Thanks! I'm going to try to have the oil changed this weekend, only problem is dealer is a little far from my place, but hopefully i can get it done, and the engine light wont come back on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts