SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So recently i had a new turbo/gaskets/exhaust manifold gaskets put in my 03' 9-5. Also my serpentine belt was replaced because my old one was worn. When i accelerate hard on the gas, i hear like a belt grinding/rotating "putter" type of noise? is this my new belt? does it need to break in? or is it my exhaust manifold? because when the new turbo was put in, two bolts in the exhaust manifold were broken off and stuck in, so in order to get them out i would have to take apart my entire engine (so my mechanic said). Also my rear brake pads were replaced (said front were still good) but my brakes squeak worse then before when i brake! GRR can anyone answer these questions or have any in put would be much appreciated, thanks guys

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
I would say take it back to the Mechanic; but it don't seem that he knows how to work on Saabs. What did he say about the issues you're having after the repairs? If he broke those bolts he need's to fix that.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i guess two studs were broken off plush in the exhaust manifold which was found when the new turbo was being put in and the exhaust manifold gasket was replaced. So now i have a serious exhaust manifold leak and my car sounds like a motorcycle. The guy who worked on my car probably saw the studs stuck in there and didnt want to attempt to get them out so he just put the gasket and manifold back on leaving it to eventually leak. what can i do?

·
Registered
12 Posts
i guess two studs were broken off plush in the exhaust manifold which was found when the new turbo was being put in and the exhaust manifold gasket was replaced. So now i have a serious exhaust manifold leak and my car sounds like a motorcycle. The guy who worked on my car probably saw the studs stuck in there and didnt want to attempt to get them out so he just put the gasket and manifold back on leaving it to eventually leak. what can i do?
If he replaced the exhaust manifold gasket, he had to have taken the manifold off. Meaning he likely broke the studs. Unless of course you're referring to the turbo to manifold gasket..

I would suggest taking it back. If the car is doing things it wasn't before, then hes gotta do something to fix it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts