SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car is currently sitting at home in my garage, awaiting word from my service manager on what SAAB Canada is intending to do with the sentronic trans problem (agressive jerking 2nd-3rd gear upshift).

I couldn't stand driving the 9-3SS, having to feel that jerking from the 2nd-3rd gear upshift everytime. Wife and kid is on vacation, so good time for me to borrow my wife's 330i bimmer for the time being. Hmmm.... sweet inline six :cheesy:

·
Registered
193 Posts
I believe this is the trans valve body that needs replacing. The valve sticks when shifting and causing the jerking. Really annoying.

I hesitated bringing it in. Actually the dealership wanted for me to make notes on the occurances. The tech wanted to witness this occuring since it is a costly replacement. Then it was in the shop a long time and I asked if I could get the car back but the response was that it could damage the engine.

The funny thing is that the '03 rental had the same problem.

I bought my vehicle and wanted to make sure I took care of this before the warrenty is up. But then again, I wonder if the next occurance of this problem is in ~22K miles, which is when I had it replaced.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts