SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'99 Saab 93 Convertible with automatic transmission. 144K and counting. Just noticed that 30A fuse #10 is so loose that is just falls out whenever the fuse cover is removed. It was so loose that it obviously wasn't doing anything, so I've removed it.

The confusion is that this fuse is identified as "Sensonic" by the fuse grid inside the fuse cover. Confusing because I have a 93 and Sensonic appears to have been an option only on 900s. And because I have an automatic transmission and Sensonic applied to a new-age manual transmission from what Google tells me.

With that said, two questions:

1. What does this fuse do? My car appears to be running perfectly without it, but I'm concerned that not having the fuse installed will cause problems down the road. Or tomorrow.

2. How to fix the loose fuse? I've read warnings in the past about using foils or wires to fix problems like this so I'm hesitant to go down that path without some help. What other options exist to fix a loose fuse which are safe and effective?

Any help is much appreciated!

·
Registered
422 Posts
'99 Saab 93 Convertible with automatic transmission. 144K and counting. Just noticed that 30A fuse #10 is so loose that is just falls out whenever the fuse cover is removed. It was so loose that it obviously wasn't doing anything, so I've removed it.

The confusion is that this fuse is identified as "Sensonic" by the fuse grid inside the fuse cover. Confusing because I have a 93 and Sensonic appears to have been an option only on 900s. And because I have an automatic transmission and Sensonic applied to a new-age manual transmission from what Google tells me.

With that said, two questions:

1. What does this fuse do? My car appears to be running perfectly without it, but I'm concerned that not having the fuse installed will cause problems down the road. Or tomorrow.

2. How to fix the loose fuse? I've read warnings in the past about using foils or wires to fix problems like this so I'm hesitant to go down that path without some help. What other options exist to fix a loose fuse which are safe and effective?

Any help is much appreciated!
Your car isn't equipped with sensonic, so therefore its fuse panel doesn't even have the electrical connections for that fuse. There's nothing in there actually gripping the fuse blades, so it's very loose. Stash a spare fuse in that slot or leave it empty, whichever you prefer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all for your replies. Sounds like I don't need to worry about this one.

I've replaced the fuse in the fuse block and am using it as a spare 30A fuse now.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Internationalism creates this situation; the manufacturers try to build vehicles for 100 different markets.
This Sensonic is an English, maybe Euro thing, but we do have one member with this Sensonic semi-automatic transmission, here in the states, I believe.
The manuals can be improved, but this will further increase costs to the consumer. Here we need cooperation from our government.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts