SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love the car. It's paid off..bought it for $18,500 w/ 57K miles back in 2011. Going to leave the country and give it to my brother. He wants it for $11k (which is fine with me), but he's the type that hates getting cars repaired. I'm planning on doing some research on an aftermarket warranty for about $2K for at least 2 years. Essentially going to give it to him for $9K with $2K warranty. Appreciate your help.

·
Registered
124 Posts
According to KBB, the vehicle in a private party sale is worth the following

• Excellent
    $19,042
  • Very Good
    $18,492
  • Good
    $17,942
  • Fair
    $16,142
Your brother is getting an extremely good deal at 11K... Tell him to grow up and deal with car maintenance and repairs... it part of life. If he wants to plunk down 2K for a 2 yr warranty (basically insurance for prepaid repairs), that's his decision... Personally, I would not waste money on a warranty now, instead just get things fixed when/if they arise.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
According to KBB, the vehicle in a private party sale is worth the following

• Excellent
    $19,042
  • Very Good
    $18,492
  • Good
    $17,942
  • Fair
    $16,142
Your brother is getting an extremely good deal at 11K... Tell him to grow up and deal with car maintenance and repairs... it part of life. If he wants to plunk down 2K for a 2 yr warranty (basically insurance for prepaid repairs), that's his decision... Personally, I would not waste money on a warranty now, instead just get things fixed when/if they arise.
Thanks! Yeah I did kbb..actually the value is more around the 14K range (with my parameters) as I have not kept up with maintenance myself :cry:.

I was thinking of having the car shipped, but taxes and duties would probably cost > the value of the car. I'll look into Wynn and Zurich. Thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts