SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's an odd gremlin. On a 2003 Linear (loaner).
Day 1: steering wheel buttons act funny. Down does nothing & up makes the volume softer.
Day 2: Steering wheel buttons: Down & up both make the volume softer.
Day 3: Electronic key doesn't open door. Open manually, alarm goes off, but electronic key in ignition & start, alarm goes off. Volume buttons work properly.

Very odd, but this is the second time I've been impressed that the car figured out the problem & fixed it (first was the odd memory issue in the seats & mirror in my Arc).

·
Registered
195 Posts
Your car is possessed. You need to have it exorcised.

Talking about self healing gremlins. My Onstar quit working about 3 months ago. I would push the white dot or the steering wheel voice button to make a call and maybe the system would respond after a couple of minutes (much toolong) with a voice prompt and maybe it wouldn't. If it did respond it wouldn't rerespond to any voice commands and would simply time out after another couple of minutes and return to the radio setting. About a month ago an Onstar System Failure See Dealer message popped up a couple of times on the SID and then promptly disappeared. I presumed they were related to the problem I was having. So made a note to have the dealer check it out next time I scheduled other service. That time is come as I will be on a cross country trip in a couple of wweks and want to get the oil changed. So yesterday I decide to test it one more time so as to be able to provide a precise written description of the problem for the dealer. Guess what? Seems to be in perfect working order now. Go figure. I say possessed. I think I'm calling the neighborhood priest to come over before I leave on my trip.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I've had those steering wheel gremlins, it's an 03 issue. Eventually had controls reprogrammed, then later on they died and was completely replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I've had a clock digit disappear one time, only to re-apprear the next day (and no problem since). I've also had static through the radio one time, which fixed itself the next time I drove the car. I'll take these little things though compared to an Explorer I used to own, where mechanical things would randomly break and then fix themselves. That one was possessed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts