SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just got the news my '06 of ~165000 mi (all me) needs new front right differential+, all in a bit over $2k to repair. I only use it part-time now and am contemplating selling it so someone can part it out. I do not have the capability of doing this myself. Was thinking about getting my stereo system out but other than that, I have another fulltime vehicle so paying to repair this and get it back on the road for barely part-time driving does not make sense to me... It will need new tires in a few thousand miles also.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how you have successfully dealt with this in the past?

Hit me up with any/all experiences. I just started researching today.

Many thanks in advance!

-Scotty P

·
Registered
507 Posts
Hi all,

Just got the news my '06 of ~165000 mi (all me) needs new front right differential+, all in a bit over $2k to repair. I only use it part-time now and am contemplating selling it so someone can part it out. I do not have the capability of doing this myself. Was thinking about getting my stereo system out but other than that, I have another fulltime vehicle so paying to repair this and get it back on the road for barely part-time driving does not make sense to me... It will need new tires in a few thousand miles also.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how you have successfully dealt with this in the past?

Hit me up with any/all experiences. I just started researching today.

Many thanks in advance!

-Scotty P

if you do part it out yourself, i'd be interested in the licence plate trim & frame in the trunk lid, mine has a crack in it ...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all,

Hit me up with any/all experiences. I just started researching today filezilla uc browser rufus .

Many thanks in advance!

-Scotty P
i'd be interested in the licence plate trim & frame in the trunk lid, mine has a crack in it ...

·
Registered
343 Posts
You say front right. Do you mean the carrier on the passenger side? These are available new for ~$150 or so.

The differential is on the drivers side. It's quite a bit more $$ new, but can also be rebuilt for a lot less $$. There are companies who will even rebuild them and convert them to limited slip. Used front differentials are ~$250.

The problem with the front differential is that it's a pain to get to.

If you don't want to keep the AWD, you could also convert to RWD. TBSSOwners has good info on this.

Either way, I'd shop around. $2k seems quite high for a common repair like this unless they're planning to disassembly the front half of the car to do it or using a brand new differential.

Tim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts