SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of security system is in the 03 9-5?
My insurance company wants to know what we have for a security system; I’m really not sure how to comment to them.
How would you answer this question?
Thanks,
Dennis

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
I can't think what to tell them other than we have the Saab factory immobilizer and alarm. That's good enough for our local government-run insurance co.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Or check this link out and scroll down to the Active and Passive Safety section, there are descriptions for 4 different security systems.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
What kind of security system is in the 03 9-5?
My insurance company wants to know what we have for a security system; I’m really not sure how to comment to them.
How would you answer this question?
Thanks,
Dennis
Seems like an odd question though.

maybe you should answer their question with another, perhaps: "how many saabs have you had to payout on because of theft in the last 10 years?"

and see if they still really care about knowing what the security system brand is :cheesy:

On a less sarcastic note, i would say the same. I wouldn't have thought there would be a specific brand for the system, so maybe just saying its the factory SAAB or GM system will work fine?

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your input, You have been a great help and I will give an update on what the outcome will be. This is supposed to drop my insurance some if it meets there requirements.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts