SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, I posted about my 89T being stolen in Seattle. I am still waiting for it to turn up, but, while trying to see about more information on car theft in Seattle, discovered that 26 c900s have been stolen so far this year -- that's about one theft every ten days. (I found this info from SPD tweets re: stolen cars.)

I'm not trying to make anyone paranoid, but it's clear to me that there are people in Seattle who know how to steal these cars, and I'd hate to see others fall victim. I don't know how best to keep a potential thief from choosing your car, but I can tell you that I won't be driving a c900 in Seattle without at least a kill switch ever again.

·
Registered
664 Posts
They had a run of c900 thefts in the UK last year around this time... Do you think it's for parts or what??? I can't imagine it would be worth the risk of getting busted for $2000 in parts at best. Weird!

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
probably the risk of actually being stopped, never mind being caught(unless reported as thief seen driving away in it ) in a C900 is 'rare' so probably worth the risk, even if only $2k in parts, that's $2000 in their pocket.... but if you have no money, to a lot anything is worth the risk, no more than going into a supermarket or big store and stealing something for $20-30, it's means for an end...food.... survival. not condoning theft as would be pi**ed if mine was stolen, but its insured so would just get another(and had my vert, 8yrs + many tin tops in between lol), but I don't live in a big city, where it's probably easy to load it on a truck and dump it in a lock up til the heats died down??
but keep an eye on Ebay etc and see if anyone is selling bits in the local area, but althopught you say there is one very month on average, what's the top stolen car in the area and how many.
And if someone is intent on stealing a car I know of many easy ways. pm if you want a list, it's scary and easy if you have the nerve

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
Is there even that many C900 on the road out there? I'm in an urban area of about 3-1/2 million and probably there are two dozen C900 that are being driven...

·
Registered
299 Posts
Did it say whether there had been any recoveries?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts