SaabCentral Forums banner

Seatbelt Problems

1522 Views 6 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  00AeroWag
I was driving about a week ago and saw a police officer so I tugged hard for my seat belt and it did not work. It seems to be stuck in the position at the top. I have tried pulling, yanking, tugging, etc and nothing works.

I am asking for some tricks to get the belt unstuck or any tips people may have.

Is this kind of thing common at all?

Anyway thanks for all of the help in advance!

-Rich
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
243 Posts
first off unless you know a cop cant see you dont go yanking for it, probably 90% of the tickets they write for that are just seeing people putting it on as they go by. you should be wearing it anyway kind of defeating the purpose of all the work saab put into to make their cars safe. but who am i to lecture you :roll:

if you have enough slack try feeding it back in. theyre made so when tugged on hard they lock, thats how they work so you probably locked it trying to yank on it so hard, so if you feed some back in it should free it up.

· Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haha yeah good point. there isnt enough slack to feed back in but I do want to try and inspect the seatbelt itself so if anyone knows how to take the plastic covering off that would be awesome info. thanks everyone

· Registered
145 Posts
The selt belt spool/mechanism is at the bottom of that rear panel directly below that cover. The only thing on the top underneath it is a bolt and a loop for the belt to pass through. My wife's Vert had the same issue (it was locked and wouldn't retract) and I swapped the belt from the rear passenger to the front until I buy a new front passenger belt.

· Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmm, not sure where the rear panel is that you are talking about. Is there any way I could maybe take the top plastic piece that covers the top of the seat belt and take a look at it that way?

(I have tried to take the plastic bubble thing off and could not seem to find a way to do it)

please help thanks everyone

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.