SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW, it is part #4379137 on saabsite.com. It's only about $3 so I guess I could just break off the old ones if no one has any other ideas.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great link. I'll use it when I completely redo the driver's seat, which has deteriorated and torn leather. It looks like they removed the lumbar support knob but either didn't have or didn't show that plastic slide. I'd rather not resort to just breaking them off in case it also breaks off the things that the sliders snap into. I bought the WIS DVD and it should arrive this week so I'm hoping it will have something about the slide.

·
Registered
10,061 Posts
I had to take the lever trim off of my car when I replaced the the cables that tilt the seat backs on both sides. Unfortunately, I had to mangle the trim a little bit, and ended up replacing both pieces. The handles popped off fairly easily, and without damage, with a Lisle trim removal tool. Once the handle's off, you can see some clips inside there on the trim. I pried the clips out with a screwdriver, and had to break a couple before the trim would come out.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got my WIS DVD today and all it says about removing the seat upholstery is basically: remove the seat upholstery. Big help there. I'll be breaking off the slides tonight and ordering new slides for the reinstall.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
This is what the plastic tilt bracket (aka slider) looks like out of the seat.

https://goo.gl/photos/MhweiRJYpD35WuYc7

After breaking them off and seeing how they ckip into the metal seat frame, I don't think there is a good way to get them off without breaking them. The flaps in the plastic bracket click into place when the new bracket is pushed in. I'd recommend not putting the new brackets in place until you are completely done and the seat is back in the car. If you forget something and have to partial dismantle again, you'll have to break off the new brackets to get them off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts