SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
Just was curious if the memory/heated seats from a 2001 9-3 will swap into a 1999 9-5 wagon ? The 9-5 has the 3 temp switch, the 9-3 has the single push for seat heat. The 9-5 has no memory, the 9-3 does. I know there are many threads about seats on here, but I really didn't find what I was looking for. Is it a straight bolt up, are all the wires there, will the memory work?
Thanks in advance and happy holidays all,
Alex

·
Registered
51 Posts
When I put electrically adjustable/vented seats from my SAAB 9-5 Aero 2000 into SAAB 9-5 1998, it had only pre-installed wires for heating.
It was missing wires in the harness.
I had to take missing wires and switches from 2000 and transfer to 1998, and now they look like factory installed wires (except no fuse in fuse box, that is outside of it).

I would suggest to take a look what pins are available in your 9-5 seat wire harness at the moment, so you can prepare, what is available.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool thanks cesedy. I appreciate it. Ill look into it. All the other posts said things about airbags and distance sensors and other random things. Im just looking for adding memory, hopefully it can be done. Thanks again :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yes, there are also wires for airbags in there.
So, you should never turn on the ignition, while the harness is disconnected.
It will throw airbag light on dash board.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tip. I appreciate it. Do you know if the fabric is the same shape for the seatbacks? The one with the memory has a small hole in the stitching. I was thinking of switching the fabric on them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts