SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1993 900s hatchback with manual seats. There is a 1993 900s convertible at the junk yard with power seats. I know the back seats won't fit, but are the front seats the same?
Thanks

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
yes they fit, but they are not the same base it preety much the same ..height of, and constuction of back is different from vert to tin top

·
Registered
475 Posts
Seats are the same, only Vert seats have the foldingmechanism a little lower than the Hatchback/Sedan. I think they did that cause you sit a little lower in the back of a Vert than in the Hatchback.

The wiring for the electric adjustments should be underneath the seats or the carpet, you only have to plug in two 30A fuses under the rearseat to make them work.

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
I measured a vert to a tin top and the verts are 30mm shorter at same point, and the framework of sides are different as ripped a 3dr to bits to get at the mechanism for my vert seat only to find they are completely different units, and the 3dr bolts on from outside, and the vert is riveted from inside the seat?
Pm your em if you want a pic of both side by side

·
Registered
475 Posts
Old style seat (used till MY1990)

New style seat (used from MY1991 and on and the same as 9000 front seats)

·
Registered
441 Posts
What Alwyne is describing is true, we pulled one seat apart from a 3 door 92/93 (K reg anyway) and after much swearing by the aforementioned :cheesy: we found out the release cables for the vert are different, different part numbers and everything.
Think what we can piece together is the physical fittings of the base are the same but don't expect everything to be identical with the vert and the tin top seats

·
Registered
475 Posts
That's what I mentioned earlier the Vert has the folding mechanism lower than the Tintop. But that's the only difference between the seats..

Here's a pic of a stripped frame from a Tintop, on the top you see the folding lever and between the white wires you see the lumbar support which I built in from a 9000 seat (plug and play) the Vert has the folding lever on the place of the lumbar support.

Which gives this:

·
Registered
441 Posts
I measured a vert to a tin top and the verts are 30mm shorter at same point, and the framework of sides are different as ripped a 3dr to bits to get at the mechanism for my vert seat only to find they are completely different units, and the 3dr bolts on from outside, and the vert is riveted from inside the seat?
Alwyne is right, some of the parts are different to the 3 door, EPC shows some differences, rivets and some smaller components, not major ones but enough to give a headache as Alwyne has found out! :eek:

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
and even more cusses when I did, lol, are those black seats out of a 9k? why do you need a tilt seat on a four door(although I replaced a pre 86 5dr with one as the original was broke, but only because of availability and cost

·
Registered
475 Posts
In a vert I don't really see it as a problem since you will rarely have people in the back (right?) but in a Tintop it's not really an option.

You have to put the car on ignition (or start it) and then you can adjust the seat(s) folding it takes around 20 seconds or so (even more if you don't have memory, since you have to use multiple buttons) and than you have to go back. Again, without memory it takes longer to get the seat in the right position again..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts