SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I pressed the memory button for my seat position and the panel just came away from the seat, it didn't fall off, but it moved about an inch or more away from the seat. I can't see what holds it tight to the seat. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
The other day I pressed the memory button for my seat position and the panel just came away from the seat, it didn't fall off, but it moved about an inch or more away from the seat. I can't see what holds it tight to the seat. Any ideas?
theres a screw that holds it tight to the seat, could have broken through the mount or just came loose all together

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I'll look for the screw, is it on the outside where one can see it? I haven't really gotten down there and given it a good inspection, I was trying to see if it would just snap back in position, but no luck.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I took a closer look and towards the front on the inside there's a little plastic tab that appears to be broken off, it looks like it hooks over a metal piece from the seat. I suppose one of my wife's friends put their knee or foot on the thing and broke it off, unless she did it. Unless I can get it off and rig a clamp on it, I doubt if it's worth fixing. But the way she goes through money...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, Cranky, I guess I need to figure out how to get that panel off and repair it. I'm sure it would much more than $35 to have it repaired. It looks to be a kind of weak area and not let people lean on it. It looks like s**t every time I hit the memory button to get the seat in position. Not sure if the wife cares, but those things bother me.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I took the thing off today, took me forever to get the central screw off, it didn't want to unthread from the seat. Looks like whoever sat on the panel pushed off the panel from the front screw under the front of the seat, broke the hook near the front that sort of helps keep it in place, broke the central plastic from the screw, so the only thing holding it on was the screw back by the seat belt. Put it back on with just the front screw under the seat and the seat belt screw and it looks OK, but is still somewhat loose. I'm thinking no glue is going to hold it together, so if I can find a new panel, looks like they are about $45, I'll go for that.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I've had this same problem for a long time. Even when I fix it well it still comes loose. I'm beginning to think that there's a problem with the seat itself because when you move the seat it puts pressure on the main bolt and after a couple of weeks of getting in and out it just breaks again. I'd try a new part but I can't find one anywhere that matches the color. I've even watched for on on Ebay for over 2 years with no luck.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, the 2 central mounting points look pretty flimsy to me, the one with the screw is levered way to far out and the clip towards the front is just plain flimsy. I may try beefing up a new one with some metal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts