SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a what appears to be some switch on my dash that is called in my manual a rheostat on my 83 900 turbo. This is not much of a switch since there is very little movement from the square switch, I am trying to get my seat to heat. This switch is above the power mirror adjustment switch. Has anyone worked with this rheostat or know it's true function? Mike

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
Not a lot of movement? Square? 83 900? Sounds like a blanking plug and not a switch! :lol:

Seats should be controlled automatically via thermostat. But probably your heater element is broken from so many years, you have to take apart the seat and fix the matrix. The Matrix!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Seat heater "feel"

I just had my seat repaired but totally not "feeling" it. Had a couple below 30 degrees fehrenheit mornings but no warmeth that I can detect. I have an 85 900t16. Is the heat suttle so that my FA cannot detect it? Or if it's working, you'll know it.

Thanks much,

beomazed

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bad seat heater

Thank you for your input. I know it isnt a switch but you know these saabs, they are like no other. Mike

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
Beomazed said:
I just had my seat repaired but totally not "feeling" it. Had a couple below 30 degrees fehrenheit mornings but no warmeth that I can detect. I have an 85 900t16. Is the heat suttle so that my FA cannot detect it? Or if it's working, you'll know it.

Thanks much,

beomazed
Oh heck no your *** will be on fire!

·
Registered
954 Posts
My seat heaters are broken as well. Are both seats heated or just the drivers? THey have never worked as long as I have had the car. But that will soon change

·
Registered
751 Posts
I found that there was a few reasons behind the seats not working.

Drivers seat

• Obviously, the trace wires
  • Thermostats - you can test these, but i found although mine were working, they wernt "like new" so i managed to buy some more from www.rswww.com
    search for "Bi-metallic NC thermostat, [email protected]" Stock No. "2295913" if that helps.
Passenger Seat

• Again, Trace wiring
  • The seats pressure switch. This is locatated under the seat and is an odd looking contraption, basically what happens is when you sit on the seat you close the circuit. but be careful when identifying which switch is which as theres one for the seatbelt warning too.
To test whether you have broken trace wiring or a possbile broken thermostat, use a DMM and test continuity across the feed and return plugs on the underside of the seats.

hope that gives you a heads up!

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
davidlytle said:
My seat heaters are broken as well. Are both seats heated or just the drivers? THey have never worked as long as I have had the car. But that will soon change
How could you even use them, in Arizona :lol: It's like 70 even in January :lol:

·
Registered
954 Posts
I woke up this morning and the house was 63. I love the cold though. Come on this is a saab forum. We wouldnt be here if we didnt want our stuff working. I want it to work because its used to work and its on the car.lol When stuff doesnt work that should work I now make it my priority to make it work. one way or another :lol:

·
Registered
119 Posts
In my car the seat heating is very bizzare: the driver's seat doesn't work at all, however, the passanger side is on at all times, working a 100% and heating, except from you can't turn it off. The switch is off, the thing keeps heating. Any thoughts?

thanks!

·
Registered
751 Posts
check the pressure switch under the seat and that its plugged into the correct socket.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts