SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had my 9-2x (Linear, Auto, Cold in Red) for two weeks now and I've now got the seat in the right place. My arms and legs are comfortable but I CANNOT get used to the side bolsters. They always seem to be digging into one of my thighs. Very frustrating as I LOVE driving this car and everything about it (now that I replaced the stero head unit) except for the seats. And really it's just the bolsters that are bothering me.

One drive I'll be comfortable but the next I won't. Any suggestions? I'm all out of ideas....

·
Registered
86 Posts
If it's not too rude to ask - what are your physical dimensions?

I'm 6' tall and 160lbs. I find the USDM WRX seats (bugeye version - same as the Saabaru) to be not bolstered enough. I've had the JDM STi seats in my car and they were much more supportive. They were very firm and the bolstering was much narrower.

The only advice I could give you is that the bolstering will get softer over time. Not very quickly, though. The seats from any Impreza or Subaru Forester and Outback Sport will swap in. Maybe you can find someone to trade?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not too rude.... 5' 8" 220lbs. I'm still working on that last part. It seems to be the plastic INSIDE of the bolsters that giving me grief, not really the bolsters themselves.

I'm hoping that they will break in as well. Or I drop 40 lbs. Hopefully the latter. But I have a feeling the seats will break in first.

·
Registered
97 Posts
maybe it's the girth/width of one's body? I dunno. I fit nicely on the 92x seats. Having said that I too prefer the wrx 'huggier' seats. I know of larger persons having trouble fitting comfortably on these cars.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey, I'm 5' 10" and 320 lbs and ride comfortably 2.5 hours per day in my commute, so I don't know what all the bickering's about. Of course, I think my rather large gravitational pull has "relaxed" my side bolsters somewhat.

·
Registered
16 Posts
This month is my one year anniversary. They bothered me for about 3 months, until the leather softened a bit and took the form of my azz. Oh, BTW, I have leather. Can't help you with cloth.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Since 4/05 my only major complaint is that my 92x Aero was actually a pain in the butt. Thought I was being soft-185lbs couldn't get comfortable. My advise is either get someone more robust to break in your seats for you (not my #1 preference) or do as I have, test drive some cushions for the time being (think of it as 92x booster seats). Good luck! Hope I didn't give Saab any catalog ideas.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts