SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys..

So update.. I fixed my window issues so thank you to everyone here who pointed me in the right direction there.

My leather seats look worn and chipped and driver seat has a crack again where was kind of repaired.

I searched this forum up and down and it seems the site that sold the leather replacement is no longer around? Is there somewhere else to buy replacement leather covers for the seats?

Or is it easier to find a junk car with decent seats ?
I also read a few people took 93/,viggen seats from the og93 series and modified mounting and wiring for ng900. Is this something I could tackle without risking safety?

Not opposed to buying someone else's seats. Car is all black interior although I'd like to eventually switch to a tan interior maybe. The black gets hot with top down

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Look on Craig's list, etc. Also search eBay as well and wrecking yards in your area. You can search for the whole seat, but also for just the bottom cushion, etc. which can make it cheaper. Usually the passenger seat bottoms are much better than drivers, these can be swapped to drivers.
Seats can also be patched and re-dyed.

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
According to EPC, seats for coupés interchange with convertibles. You might be able to find a good set of seats there.

The fabric seats last forever and hold you much better than leather. But they wouldn't look right. :cool:

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
Yes, coupes and convertibles use the same seats, which you'll need so that you can tilt the seat forward. If you have power seats, you can't interchange them between the driver's and passenger's sides on a NG900, because there's a hole punched in the side of the upholstery for the plastic trim where the seat controls go. That and the front corner of the trim seems to always wear a hole through the leather where it touches it in the front. I've seen quite a few NG900s at the junkyard, and every single one has had crappy-looking seats. Not to say they aren't out there, but if you really want your seats to look nice, I'd see what an upholstery shop could do.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I found 9-5 seats more comfortable, more plentiful and more available than decent 9-3, the foam fits the same frame, the seat backs got tricky, I had to cut the cover appropriately on the corners for the seat latches, the seat swelled around them and it was tough getting the bezel snapped in but wit a little fitting it worked. I swapped drivers for passenger and vice-versa which left the lumbar holes exposed so I took a couple emblems from eBay (they were hood IIRC) and made backers for them so the emblems-covered the holes and looked cool to boot.
Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts