SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
97 900S 2.3 automatic 'vert

The leather on the back is in excellent shape, but the two front seats--not so good and especially the passenger which was repaired with some kind of nasty vinyl/rubber stuff.

I would like to cover the fronts with something that looks great and fits well, but doesn't brake the bank. What do you guys like?

I searched but came up with lots of unrelated stuff.
:D
Thanks

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Sheepskin covers - expensive and comfortable - but I do not know how well they work with leather..

Expensive quality washable terry cloth would be nice, I do know know if this exists..

·
Registered
386 Posts
I tried looking on the site you mentioned but there isnt any covers for saab, unless i am missing it, they dont make them for our cars?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The pull down menu for manufacturer choice does not include 'Saab'.
I wonder why?
Strange, eh?

jmcg

zenbeer said:
Try here.

$279 per side if you want leather, other types (vinyl or canvas) are much less.

Happy Holidays,

-zen

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
I'd try the European parts suppliers. One of these days GM will wise up and use the same supplier as Saab does.

GM means penny wise and dollar foolish.....among other things:nono;

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks EW--
The Saab started immediately this morning and did not stall but once in about 30 minutes of running. I drove to the gas station and topped off the tank for good measure.
Boy does that engine run sweet! I haven't driven the car for a year or so, as my wife absconded with it for a while. We got her an outback, so I'm back to my original plan; which was to use it to save gas and miles on my Silverado.

I'm planning to spend a bit of time restoring the Saab to as good as I can get it. A little here a little there and then maybe a wee bit of body work and a nice paint job. Its nice having a running car and no payment.

This site will be a great help, I'm sure.

jmcg

earthworm said:
I'd try the European parts suppliers. One of these days GM will wise up and use the same supplier as Saab does.

GM means penny wise and dollar foolish.....among other things:nono;

1 - 7 of 7 Posts