SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Well, it doesn't really matter that much. I just took on the charge air delivery pipe that runs across the motor and poured half into the throttle body and half into the gas... it'll smoke like crazy until it burns off.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
should be, just make sure you're pouring it into the intake manifold and not the brake vacuum lines :D

·
Registered
756 Posts
I would use one of the vacuum lines that comes off of the vacuum fitting(#4) on the left side of the intake manifold. Use the top line as I believe the bottom line goes to the fuel pressure regulator. Using the brake booster line might be too big which could hydro lock the engine.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would use one of the vacuum lines that comes off of the vacuum fitting(#4) on the left side of the intake manifold. Use the top line as I believe the bottom line goes to the fuel pressure regulator. Using the brake booster line might be too big which could hydro lock the engine.

thanks for the advice how about if i pout it into the hose myself a little by little i saw how other did it through the brake booster and it looked farily easy i will take a look tomorrow and il do it and post back

·
Registered
756 Posts
Just hook a section of tubing to the top nipple on that fitting and let it suck in the Seafoam slowly. Make sure the engine is warm. If you go too fast the car will want to die so go just fast enough to keep the car running. Once you have drawn in about 1/2 of the can turn the car off and let it sit for about 15 min. When you start it up you should get quite the smoke show. I drove mine around after doing this and it looked like something out of a James Bond movie!!:cheesy: The only other time my car smoked like this was when the turbo went out.

·
Banned
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay i ended up using a little less then 1/3 of the bottle i had white smoke but not a huge ammount i was worried so i dident use much but i ahd a good ammount of white smoke come out and when higher end even some black soot flew out, i notised the idle was smooth and in general the rpms felt smoother and the throttle responce seemed smoother also, and i notised that im hitting pretty much 15.5 psi in all my gears but first.

·
Registered
344 Posts
i have a bottle of this sitting in my trunk right now. im scared to death though. could somone post a picture of the hose i should be usuing. i would hate to hydrolock my motor...thanks in advance.

something other then whats posted in "post 6". that may as well be the rosetta stone for me. i would really appericate a true to life picture of which hose i should use lol.

·
Banned
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i have a bottle of this sitting in my trunk right now. im scared to death though. could somone post a picture of the hose i should be usuing. i would hate to hydrolock my motor...thanks in advance.

something other then whats posted in "post 6". that may as well be the rosetta stone for me. i would really appericate a true to life picture of which hose i should use lol.

im pretty sure thats the one i used trial and error dissconnect the line and see if it sucks if so you have a good vaccume line

1 - 11 of 11 Posts