SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright guys, heres the question. I have a 2.3 L engine, however there are SE decals on the car. Is there a 2.3 SE, or is the SE just the 3.0 V6? I guess if there is no 2.3 SE, then the previous owner was just an idiot and wanted to put SE decals on his car. :roll:

This is probably a horrible question, because I am pretty sure now the SE is the V6, but hopefully you understand the confusion since there are SE decals on my car.

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Unless you have an aero, it's 185 hp. In the US I'm pretty sure the SE was the V6 model, in the UK things might be different though.

·
Registered
202 Posts
The 1999 and 2000 (and earlier I guess) non-Aero 4 cylinders 9-5's have 170 hp. In 2001 they bumped it up to 185hp.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
I have a 1998 2.0 SE ;)

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
SE has SID2, cruise, front fogs, walnut dash, rear cupholders, alloys, the base model has SID1 and none of the others unless chosen as an option. (This is UK specs, the USA may have been slightly different specs)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Kermits 9-5 said:
SE has SID2, cruise, front fogs, walnut dash, rear cupholders, alloys, the base model has SID1 and nine of the others unless chosen as an option. (This is UK specs, the USA may have been slightly different specs)
hmm im confuzzled then too. dealer had my car listed as an SE, but it says SE no where on the vehicle. however i have:
Cruise, walnut dash (the dark brown wood looking insert right?) 3 spoke mag alloy wheels. SID1 i cant figure out what that is, foglights. and im a 2.3l. and carfax listed my vehicle as a reguler 9-5

hmmm so what am i?

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
nourdmrolnmt1 said:
hmm im confuzzled then too. dealer had my car listed as an SE, but it says SE no where on the vehicle. however i have:
Cruise, walnut dash (the dark brown wood looking insert right?) 3 spoke mag alloy wheels. SID1 i cant figure out what that is, foglights. and im a 2.3l. and carfax listed my vehicle as a reguler 9-5

hmmm so what am i?
Do you not have an owners document (pink slip i believe you call them), the UK owners documentation has to state the exact model designation, engine/chassis no. etc. Easiest way to find out is to go to a dealers and give them your VIN no. they will be able to give you exact details.

Finn said:
So whats the difference in Linear, Arc and vector then
They have different specifications.:cheesy: TBH i'm not sure, i'm not rich enough to drive a later model to worry about specs.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Kermits 9-5 said:
Do you not have an owners document (pink slip i believe you call them), the UK owners documentation has to state the exact model designation, engine/chassis no. etc. Easiest way to find out is to go to a dealers and give them your VIN no. they will be able to give you exact details.

They have different specifications.:cheesy: TBH i'm not sure, i'm not rich enough to drive a later model to worry about specs.
i do, and i believe it lists it as an SE> however are there any stickers on the vehicle that should say SE on it? or what not?

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
I believe you can specify a model without the badging, if it bothers you that much just order a couple of SE badges from your dealer. I got an SE badge from ebay for about £3 if i recall, my E was broke so i was driving an St. :cheesy: .

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Kermits 9-5 said:
I believe you can specify a model without the badging, if it bothers you that much just order a couple of SE badges from your dealer.

Or then again.................................:p

·
Registered
7,878 Posts
Kermits 9-5 said:
SE has SID2, cruise, front fogs, walnut dash, rear cupholders, alloys, the base model has SID1 and none of the others unless chosen as an option. (This is UK specs, the USA may have been slightly different specs)
I don't think they have sold any 9-5 without front fogs & alloys in the U.S.

What is the difference between SID1 and SID2?

·
Registered
7,878 Posts
Kermits 9-5 said:
I believe you can specify a model without the badging, if it bothers you that much just order a couple of SE badges from your dealer. I got an SE badge from ebay for about £3 if i recall, my E was broke so i was driving an St. :cheesy: .

Hehe, I think we've all had this problem at one point or another...

Back when I was living in Sweden I drove an "olvo 340 DL"

1 - 20 of 31 Posts