SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has flow figures for either of the SD injector series for the C900T, I am struggling a bit with the correct injector to match to my Stage 1 JSP chip - I liked the SD Red Series but I am trialling a set of 280 150 431 from a 9-3 turbo which I have read a lot about and seem to be popular with the 900T mods.
The 280 150 431 injectors seem to run really well on the road but for the life of me I cannot get them to idle right - at any fuel pressure or any AMM setting - rich I think as they just cause the engine to do this cyclic uneven idle.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I'm running the 431's in my 88 with little if no idle issues (after some fussing around) other than rich. I also have the JAK stage I chip, 3.0 bar FPR, and a modified T3 turbo, and open air filter. My narrow band A/R tells me I'm rich, my nose tells me I'm rich at idle. It is really rich at temps below -10°C (should not be a problem in your part of the world). I did have to adjust the AMM, but do not remember the ohm setting at this point (sorry I'm in Belize for another week so I can not get you that measurement) and had to return from an atmospheric dump valve to the recirc type. IronJoe may chime in as he has some experience with this, but has passed over the 431's for injectors that I beleive flow twice as much:cheesy:

pierre

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Pierre, that pretty much confirms it for me - except I cannot get it to idle smoothly at all which I am not prepared to put up with. I have gone back to my red series SD injectors which idle perfectly and give pretty much the same sort of performance higher up the rev range so I'll stick with these for now. I think after a few months of running that rich at idle your engine would not be thanking you much for it.
As an aside I have also gotten rid of my K&N pod filter because of two things - I found the noise irritating and also I noticed that the crappy centre mount was actually broken and sending small pieces of rubberized plastic hurtling towards my AMM........:eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts