SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I am a devout Saab driver (on my fourth) and I can't help but notice that on my first 2 (89' and 93') nothing was ever wrong with the windshield. however, on my newer 2 (97' and 01') that no matter what I do the windshield is scratching by the wipers. This is maddening for me! I hate the glare caused by these scratches when driving at night. I have tried numerous brands of wipers (always the correct size) in addition to incessant Rain-Xing of the glass and nothing works! What really bothers me is when I recessently purchased my 01' 9-5 these scratches, which travel in an arc across the wiper path (seemingly moreso on the driver's side), where non-existent. After about a month they are now as bad on this model as on my last, this really pisses me off considering I did not change the blades until it started to happen. Though after changing them (Bosch) it only seemed to exhaserbate the problem so I put the originals back on (Valeo). What the hell? I mean seriously, does this happen to anyone else? Am I doing something wrong? Is there a solution? Help!
My thanks, Scott

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
It's unusual for the wipers to make scratches, unless you're in the habit of running them dry, then dust/sand trapped by the wiper blade can scratch. My '01 windshield is very badly sandblasted but not scratched. in fact, over the years some scratches that were on the windshield when I got the car are slowly being polished out by the wipers. Is it possible your RainX is smearing and looking like scratches?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts