SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well... I've only had my license for a week and anyway last night I was backing out and it was a super tight fit because there was a car to my right and a wooden construction pole to my left (which the front of my car drivers side scraped into) and this is what happened. [hopefully the picture attached itself] what can I do to fix this? will the car need to be repainted or is there a product I can buy?
thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
08 9-5 Aero
2,302 Posts
Well... I've only had my license for a week and anyway last night I was backing out and it was a super tight fit because there was a car to my right and a wooden construction pole to my left (which the front of my car drivers side scraped into) and this is what happened. [hopefully the picture attached itself] what can I do to fix this? will the car need to be repainted or is there a product I can buy?
thanks
Meguiars Scratch X 2.0
By the looks it looks more scuffed than through the paint. You may get lucky. Stuff works great BTW. For future reference, park out far from everyone else. Where all the nicer cars go..... And poles.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Meguiars Scratch X 2.0
By the looks it looks more scuffed than through the paint. You may get lucky. Stuff works great BTW. For future reference, park out far from everyone else. Where all the nicer cars go..... And poles.
I see.... hmm what procedure should I take?? I don't want to have to keep re-applying the scratch x (I'm completely new to this kind of stuff) what do you recommend?? I will have to buy this stuff with my own money because I caused the scratch.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Rubbing compound

I see.... hmm what procedure should I take?? I don't want to have to keep re-applying the scratch x (I'm completely new to this kind of stuff) what do you recommend?? I will have to buy this stuff with my own money because I caused the scratch.
If it goes into the paint then it's not just a surface scratch & will need touch-up. However, it looks to me like an easy buff job. I'd buy some rubbing compound from auto parts store ($5 or so?), and with a soft cloth/rag, buff in a circular motion with some elbow grease. Add more compound & buff some more if you can see the scratch. Wipe w/clean cloth to see if it's gone, then just wax the spot & you're good. I'd not recommend any power tools if you haven't done it before.

·
Registered
08 9-5 Aero
2,302 Posts
Your looking at applying it a few times till near gone or gone. Then wax and buff. Cost is minimal.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll probably end up using scratch x 2.0 and well just thought I'd add that I can feel the scratch, does that change anything? there are "mini ridge" type things all in these marks, and I can feel them if I run my finger tip over it.

·
Registered
08 9-5 Aero
2,302 Posts
I'll probably end up using scratch x 2.0 and well just thought I'd add that I can feel the scratch, does that change anything? there are "mini ridge" type things all in these marks, and I can feel them if I run my finger tip over it.
Your not going to hurt anything using the X. Just follow the directions and if anything it will be an improvement. It's up to you how far you want to go if the area is still visible. A little elbow grease by hand is fine.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
2500 grit wet dry paper use it wet. then polish with a buffer and good rubbing compound.

Don't use Meguiars.....you will be supporting that CHEESE BALL Barry McGuire with his grinning false teeth!!

·
Registered
08 9-5 Aero
2,302 Posts
2500 grit wet dry paper use it wet. then polish with a buffer and good rubbing compound.

Don't use Meguiars.....you will be supporting that CHEESE BALL Barry McGuire with his grinning false teeth!!
That's the reason not to use it? If it works, and it does btw use it. You miswell not buy 80% of whatever because you'd be supporting some ill thing. And if the mark comes out he doesn't have to do anything more involving. Still waiting on his result of course.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Barry is a cheese ball.....there are loads of other great products out there.

Do you watch CAR CRAZY? ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.................... HORRIBLE.....DON'T ENCOURAGE BARRY!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts