SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, has anyone else got a sort of metally plasticy scrapey sound coming from the right side of their engine? When I first bought the car, it was silent outside the guys house, but soon as I got home, I could hear this gratey sound. My mechanic reckoned it was the timing chain tensioner at its limit, so the cahin was a bit slack, so I got a complete chain kit, timing chain, 2X top sprockets, bottom sprocket, front and rear guide and the top guide, and the tensioner. He put them on, and it sort of fixed it, but there was still very minut scrapey sound, but that was a month ago now, and the sound is back again. He had a gander at the balancer shaft chain and sprockets, but said they were fine, with very minimal of wear.

So has anyone else got this scrapey sound? You can hear it with the bonnet closed too. :(

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Alternator fan scraping?

I get a sort of scraping sometimes when pulling away, but that's only since changing to one poly mount on the top engine mount.

You might want to discuss the cost of his parts and labour misdiagnosis on the timing chain set? Problem is that in order to do that job, you have to disturb so much that it's quite feasbile that whatever it is was temporarily disturbed at the time thus curing the problem for a while.

David.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts