SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its getting hot here in AZ, so this will be our last big get together for a while. So let's make this happen! The plan is get to car show early, park accordingly as a group, then head in to one of the near by food joints and chow down. I'm thinking Barros Pizza. After we spend some time inside, the sun will go down hopefully be a little cooler, and the show will be full and packed.

I am open to meeting up a little earlier for a quick personal photoshoot for anyone who wants good shots of their Saab.

Scottsdale AZ 85250

Date and Time:
June 8th (Saturday) 3pm-10pm. However you don't have to stay till 10pm. Most start leaving at 9pm.

Roster so far:
Craig 2007 9-3 Aero
Matt 1999 Viggen
Logan 2006 9-3 Aero Convertible (hopefully)
Jeremy 1992 9000
Keith 2007 9-3 Aero Combi
Steven 2008 9-3 Aero
Colin 2002 9-5
Tyler 900 turbo convertible
Anthony 2004 9-3 Arc

·
Registered
68 Posts
Those of you from the West side (Avondale, Peoria areas) lets meet up and ride together. Keith and I will be meeting up already.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just to be accurate, Matt's isn't a Viggen. I may bring the Viggen vert, depends on how I feel that day.
Damnit! See I knew I didn't get it lol. We are going to have to put me through Saab models 101 again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
LVMS October event

Allow me to introduce myself; I'm the President of the local Volvo Sports America Arizona Chapter and would like your club to join in with us and participate in the following (Swedish cars only) event.

Save the date(s)!!! & "Get your motors running"!

I've been in touch with Alan Berry #544 (a Volvo vintage racer), regarding his upcoming Volvo (Swedish - including Saab) Challenge weekend at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway - October 4-6th. Let's support the Volvo/Saab racing community, have a swap meet & do some touring of the Valley of Fire just north of the speedway (I've already put a scenic (?) drive together, skirting the side of Lake Meade to this state park). So, cameras and items from your parts trove will be a necessity.

I've been in touch with the Volvo clubs in San Diego, SoCal-LA (who also does events with the LA Saab club) my club in Phoenix and the other national Volvo club in AZ to participate in this potential mega event! In addition I'm reaching out to you, the Phoenix Saab club to also become involved. Why not caravan up to LV on Friday and have some fun!

Racetrack pass' will be $15.00 for the entire weekend. We'll be able to do some parade laps with a pace car leading the pack (at noon, both days) for only $20.00. Hotel accomodations will be posted on Alan's website (see below).

Should be a great weekend with lots to do and see! So, save your money! Save the date! No excuses!

I would appreciate knowing if you're interested. That way I can plan a memorable weekend for all!!!!!

Roll On,

Ernie Shack, President
Arizona Chapter of Volvo Sports America

PS Updates will be posted on Alan's website http://volvochallenge.com

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Allow me to introduce myself; I'm the President of the local Volvo Sports America Arizona Chapter and would like your club to join in with us and participate in the following (Swedish cars only) event.

Save the date(s)!!! & "Get your motors running"!

I've been in touch with Alan Berry #544 (a Volvo vintage racer), regarding his upcoming Volvo (Swedish - including Saab) Challenge weekend at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway - October 4-6th. Let's support the Volvo/Saab racing community, have a swap meet & do some touring of the Valley of Fire just north of the speedway (I've already put a scenic (?) drive together, skirting the side of Lake Meade to this state park). So, cameras and items from your parts trove will be a necessity.

I've been in touch with the Volvo clubs in San Diego, SoCal-LA (who also does events with the LA Saab club) my club in Phoenix and the other national Volvo club in AZ to participate in this potential mega event! In addition I'm reaching out to you, the Phoenix Saab club to also become involved. Why not caravan up to LV on Friday and have some fun!

Racetrack pass' will be $15.00 for the entire weekend. We'll be able to do some parade laps with a pace car leading the pack (at noon, both days) for only $20.00. Hotel accomodations will be posted on Alan's website (see below).

Should be a great weekend with lots to do and see! So, save your money! Save the date! No excuses!

I would appreciate knowing if you're interested. That way I can plan a memorable weekend for all!!!!!

Roll On,

Ernie Shack, President
Arizona Chapter of Volvo Sports America

PS Updates will be posted on Alan's website http://volvochallenge.com
I just came to post these small pictures from our little get together but your event is far enough out, I may look into it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Volvo/Saab Challenge

Craig,

I'll be driving up there that Friday. Hope you Saab guys will join me and my crew!

Looking forward to meeting with you guys!

Ernie

PS I stopped by the Pavilions on the 8th, but looked for you across from the Corvette guys. That's usually where visiting clubs are parked.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts