SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my t16s has started to stall every time i chage gear un less i keep my foot on the gas,the revs drop right down and it just dies.it starts straight away every time at the moment.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Hi and Welcome Potto

As Jezzadee has said (and listen to him, he knows his stuff!) it's most likely a vacuum leak of some sort, but a good easy place to start looking is at the oil dipstick. Every time any of my 900's acted like yours is, it was because I hadn't properly put the dipstick back in. Good luck.

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Uh ohhhhh

Creamy oil = Head Gasket failure

have you noticed alot of white exhaust smoke aswell? If it smells kinda sweet it's def HG failure as your loosing coolant into one of the cylinders. If oils looking more like an irish coffee than that's another def sign of HG going.

DON'T DRIVE THE CAR YOU WILL CAUSE SERIOUS DAMAGE AS THE WATER IN YOUR OIL WILL SEVERLY REDUCE IT'S ABILITY TO LUBRICATE THE ENGINE

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
no no no no! if you live in a cooler moist climate liek vancouver canada you get creme on the dipstick if you do little trips. all saabs here get it! i used ot get big giant boogers on the dipstick until i did driving jobs (car warm for long time) and it went away. nothing to worry about really, check the coolant, white exhaust ect befor eyou go and get the gasket done. my local saab master gets about 1 person a week call or come in and say..."i went for an oil change and the oil chnage guy said my headgasket is shot", surely enough after my mechanic did all these compression test and hydrocabon test in expansion tank he came ot realise this was from what i described as it didn't show gasket failure. the mayonaise is not enough proof to confirm this. so don't worry too much at first unless the oil goes to a chocolate milkshake and you blow white smoke, you can always go for a compression test too.
(edit)-creme is from condensation

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
woywitka said:
if you live in a cooler moist climate liek vancouver canada you get creme on the dipstick if you do little trips. all saabs here get it!
Same thing happens to me every winter here in New England. Frightening, until you find out that it's normal.

Come summer, the oil on the end of the dipstick is clear and bubble-free, and no more mayo in the filler cap:)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it has been really wet for about 3 weeks when it isnt raining its been humid (80-90% humidity) the car hasnt been driven very far in that time. i will get the engine pressure tested and check for hydrocarbons before i reach for the spanners. thanks for all the help, cheers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts