SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all!

Is here anyone who can tell me about this ScanGauge II??
If I use it in 1.8t/2.0t SS car, can I see manifoldpressure??
Manufacturer said that ask from service.
Experiences??
If I buy it, is it waste of money?? :roll:

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
It says it works on CAN vehicles, so I think it will work.
http://www.scangauge.com/

This seems like a lot of money for a simple LCD display tool (169 USD). There are tools in this price range which will let you log data from sensors simultaneously while you drive. You can then review the data on a PC. I would rather have this kind of tool than one I have to watch while driving.

Pacakages from this company are 250 USD:
http://www.autoenginuity.com/index.html

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I have seen this and it works. I agree it is a lot of money for something like this but it is quite neat. You can have 4 different gauges/readings in a small package and a small space. The manifold pressure reading is absolute though and not relative so it takes some getting used to. Don't ask me why it reads/displays it that way.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would 'highly' recommend Alex Pepper's Scan tool. This guy has been around for years, offers free technical support once you buy his product and free future upgrades!

Here's the website: www.obd-2.com

I currently own a VPW package that works on mostly all of GM's vehicles that support base OBD2 protocol w/o the new CANBUS interface.

This conenctor will allow you to monitor just about anything and everything on your car through your laptop. With the data you can create trends, grids, etc.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Allowencer said:
I would 'highly' recommend Alex Pepper's Scan tool. This guy has been around for years, offers free technical support once you buy his product and free future upgrades!

Here's the website: www.obd-2.com

I currently own a VPW package that works on mostly all of GM's vehicles that support base OBD2 protocol w/o the new CANBUS interface.

This conenctor will allow you to monitor just about anything and everything on your car through your laptop. With the data you can create trends, grids, etc.
But don't all the 9-3 SS/SC/CV's all use a CANBUS?

·
Registered
9 Posts
That's fine; they support CANBUS protocol; you would have to buy the TRICAN package and this would allow you to scan just about every vehicle out there as well!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts