SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 sports saloon with the es2-7 system. I have been offered the saab icm3 colour screen head unit part no 12768222 and saab dvd rom navigation unit part no 12768494 with mounting bracket and saab positioning unit 442 part no 12757925 with mounting bracket and saab 93 western europe 2006 dvd navigation system disk part no 12 767 992 from a 65 plate saab 93 sportwagon but does not included the wiring loom.

can these be swapped straight from the combi to the saloon and can they just be installed and everything will work?

many thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
WooSAABy said:
I have an 06 sports saloon with the es2-7 system. I have been offered the saab icm3 colour screen head unit part no 12768222 and saab dvd rom navigation unit part no 12768494 with mounting bracket and saab positioning unit 442 part no 12757925 with mounting bracket and saab 93 western europe 2006 dvd navigation system disk part no 12 767 992 from a 65 plate saab 93 sportwagon but does not included the wiring loom.

can these be swapped straight from the combi to the saloon and can they just be installed and everything will work?

many thanks.
Hi WoSaaby,

I saw the exact same sale and spoke to my saab dealer about it, it wont work unfortunately...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
buy a Garmin 310D £260- it has traffic signals and postcode entry

I have had the saab sat nav for 3 weeks now and very disappointed compared to my old garmin unit.

I have my Garmin mounted on the window of my 9-3conv
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
etaf said:
buy a Garmin 310D £260- it has traffic signals and postcode entry

I have had the saab sat nav for 3 weeks now and very disappointed compared to my old garmin unit.

I have my Garmin mounted on the window of my 9-3conv
I want it more for asthetic's than functionality. I already have a really good sat nav that I stick to the windscreen but would rather have the saab sat nav built in, even if it isnt as good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
L_Boogie said:
Hi WoSaaby,

I saw the exact same sale and spoke to my saab dealer about it, it wont work unfortunately...
Well I know that the ICM3 head unit can be fitted as done by CHR15 in this thread http://www.saabscene.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=31630366 and after tech2 it works perfectly. was wondering if anyone else had succesfully fitted the rest of the sat nav system.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
To install the Saab nav system afterwards is a real PITA. It can be done, but a Saab mechanic will need a full day for it and a lot of expensive wiring.

The fibre optic cables for the system are not pre-wired and it is very difficult to install it correctly through the entire car. (wiring to ICM/EHU, GPS Antenna, CU/PU, DVD player)

Good luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,204 Posts
For aesthetic reasons..... I know where you're coming from... I have the satnav in mine...looks good.... but absolute crap!! I use my tomtom on my PDA......it's quicker, displays and warns me about 'safety' cameras and is upgradeable without having to take out a 2nd mortgage. Don't waste your money upgrading to the ES3 whether or not it can be done... stick with the ES2 !!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
I have been hunting for the ICM 3 for the exact same reaosn as you Woosaaby, what the dealer ws telling me was that there is a slight difference between the ones they put in the sportswagons. Knowing Saab and how they like to control all aftersales add ons, its probably a programme within it that will only allow it to work if the EHU tells the ICM that your car is a Sportswagon... but thats just me guessing.


For those of you who already have the ICM3, barring the useless Satnav, is it a worthwhile additive to have the colour screen? I know you get the extra station presets, but is there anything else? I am weighing up the complicated process of removing the CD player and replacing it with an aftermarket headunit (probably an in-dash PC) agaisnt getting the colour screen and then adding the aux-in for my MP3.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Thanks Ambisaab, i think my mind is made up... I'm going to get an in-dash PC, then get it wired up. the benefit of these are that they do literally everything... play disks (cd or DVD, depending on specs), play MP3s, vidoe files, capable of SAT NAV, bluetooth, WIFI etc... i have been seeing a few around, but i didnt think it was possible to get this into the Saab, until readin the postings in here.

BTW, has anyone successfully managed to wire an aftermarket amp straight of the feed coming out of the rear speakers? I only have the ES1-4 set up and so i dont have any amps, and the sound is dire!!! A friend of mine says it should be possible to use the wires going into the rear speakers to supply a feed into the amp, and then driving the sub. Im not looking to set off car alarms as i drive donw the street, but i want a deeper richer bass.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
381 Posts
From someone who has done the upgrade from icm1 to icm3

It is purely asthetics. My car appears to be a much more expensive car to sit in. A huge improvement over the ICM1 which I had before.

If I had the ICM2 to start with, I doubt I would have been so keen. The ICM1 is just awful to look at. I was actually looking for either the ICM2 or ICM3, they were selling for similar prices so I went for the ICM3.

It does nothing for the sound quality.

I am happy with mine and have absolutely no regrets. The upgrade cost £200 plus the tech2

It all depends on your budget, I have no idea how much an in-dash PC would cost along with the complex fitting but I would hazard it would cost an awful lot more than £200 in parts and time.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top