SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I need some advice, I have a problem which seems to be getting worse. When driving my car in a straight line not holding the steering wheel the car veers to the right slightly.Also the car seems to tram line alot and veers towards the side of the road alot. Basically I have to hold the steering wheel straight/slightly to the left to keep the car from veering off or going to the right.

I understand this maybe due to imperfections of the road, but our other car (Audi A3) is slightly older but does not have this problem. I have had the car for a year and am sure this problem was not there when I got it, its just progressivly grew into a problem.

I have had the two front tyres changed recently, which have been balanced and the tracking has been checked/adjusted twice.

Has anyone else had this problem? Or do you know what it is? Or do Saabs sufer from this?

Thanks in advance

Creeky.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just got my MY08 SS a few weeks ago and I'm having a similar issue. Mine will pull hard to the left when I'm stuck in traffic (constant braking). It feels like the brake pad is sticking, or something... Im due to take it to the dealer soon anyway, I was going to have them check it out.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
From what I have read, some tires like to follow the road more than others. My car will do the same if the road isnt perfect. I'll be having my tires changed to summers soon. So I'll report back if there is a significant change

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
the car veers to the right slightly is due to a defective tires.

I had this problem with my opel omega when I replaced the new tires last summer; after different test alignment, calibration and so on, got to the end conclusion it was the tires....... bad piles storage ...... and internal wires structure of the tire was deteriorate.

a little more air pressure will correct the problem with the time.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies,
Good idea about swapping them over to see if the problem follows the wheels. I have driven on the freeway as you say and the car pulls to the right, even though the steering wheel is slightly to the left.

I'll change the tyres over and report back the results. Maybe be woth getting a set of decent tyres on it to see what the difference is.

Thanks again

Dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts