SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am in Sweden so I cannot do it, but there is an auction which occurs in Pontiac Michigan every Wednesday and Saturday and cars go cheap. The odder the car, the cheaper it gets. Nothing is more strange to main stream america then a SAAB 900 so it should go for $200 or so. These cars are usually bought by scrap dealers, used car lots or by the general public that is looking for cheap winter beaters.

This one looks too nice to suffer such a fate.

So, If you are in Michigan, head out to the auction and save a C900.

LINK TO VOA AUTO AUCTION

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Man that sucks!

Perfectly good Saab:evil: Such a shame.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am going to call a buddy back in Michigan and see if he can at least look at it or bid on it for me. I am back the 16th so I should be able to pay him for it then. It just sucks that I am not there and I watch this auction twice weekly.

This is the first SAAB that I have seen there and I can do nothing about it :evil:.

·
Registered
392 Posts
WOW! I've been to that place before. A buddy of mine owns a dealership. I so wish I could take this deal less than 50k miles! I crapped my pants. *sigh* the sacrifices I make for a college education :(

·
Registered
948 Posts
GRRRR..I wont be back until the 19th!
What a steal that could be!.

If there is anyone able to attend that would like bid for me....

·
Registered
44 Posts
:cheesy: This car seems to be a dream for everybody. It look really very nice .To morrow we 'll know how much the bid reatch. May be a lot more than 200$:roll:

·
Registered
424 Posts
Yipcanjo said:
Is it just me, or is there a "whole lotta crap" at that auction?!

(Aside from that awesome SAAB, of course :p )
Given the location, and the age of the cars, most of those vehicles will be terrible rust buckets........

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
I want that Aurora ;oops:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Gabby said:
Given the location, and the age of the cars, most of those vehicles will be terrible rust buckets........
I once read a newspaper article from a gentleman in arizonia I think. He was writing about how cool it must be to live in the flint/detroit area. He thought it would be so cool to live in the cities with the highest number of american cars per-capita. Needless to say I got a good laugh out of that. Not to fond of good ole GM quaility. I also think that he must have missed the memo about 9 out of 10 of those cars were manufactured before 1988. :cheesy:

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
According to the site it sold for $575. More than I thought, must have been in exceptional shape, but still a huge bargain.

I hope it went to a good home :cry:.

·
Registered
44 Posts
aznsaab said:
about 9 out of 10 of those cars were manufactured before 1988. :cheesy:
Really that seem incredible. I think those car manufactured before 88 are V8. So they drink a lot.do People can afford those cars?:roll:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts