SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the 9-3 set up for satellite radio or is an FM modulator required? I'm considering buying a new 9-3 in the near future, but I want to make sure that it has satellite radio integrated into the stereo system.

I've looked at the Saab site and did a little searching through the forums here, but I didn't see anything about satellite radio.

I also called Saab Customer Service, but they said they didn't know the answer. :roll:

Thanks for your help. :lol:

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Really? That's cool, if true. If not, no worries. Aux In is available.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Mister Mark said:
Update: Just heard back from Saab. They said that satellite radio is standard on all 2006 models. :D
Doh! Time to trade in my '04 that I just got ;)

You can also get the aftermarket setup, which is $279.00 plus install. The receiver goes where the ashtray normally goes and it fits nicely. My local dealer wants nearly $600 for the whole thing, but I found a dealer down in Iowa (only about a 2 hr drive from where I live in Minneapolis) that will do it for more like $350. I'd like to install the thing myself but on a car this new and under warranty, I don't want to do anything to provoke the warranty gods.

·
Registered
641 Posts
How does Saab Aftermarket satellite impact current

Any idea if you install the sateliite radio how it impacts the other audio's.

IE when it's installed, does it take over the Audio plug in the console? or does it negate the CD player? From what I know about the radio you have a mono in for the phone and a stereo in for the Audio.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Mister Mark said:
Update: Just heard back from Saab. They said that satellite radio is standard on all 2006 models. :D
XM is standard on the 06 9.5's and the all 9.7X,s. It is still a dealer installed
option on 9.3's

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
MichSaab said:
IE when it's installed, does it take over the Audio plug in the console? or does it negate the CD player? From what I know about the radio you have a mono in for the phone and a stereo in for the Audio.
Yes it takes over the audio plug in the console. I think they put the plug back in there.
It's a different source than the CD player. You have Radio, CD, Aux. You can switch between the 3 via the SRC button on the steering wheel or the "Disk" button on the radio.
Yes, Aux is stereo, Tel1 is mono.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update

I think I received erroneous information from the rep at Saab in Detroit regarding satellite radio. I see no evidence on Saab's site that suggests the 9-3 is set up for XM or Sirius. :roll:

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Well, since there's AUX-IN, technically it's set up for both. :cheesy: I have the factory XM kit from Saab (takes the place of the ashtray) and I love it. Not a fully integrated solution, but they did a good job with it and it looks like a factory piece (except for the blue/white backlighting).

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm assuming that the device does show the artist and title, correct?

But I'm also assuming that you can't change the station using the steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Mister Mark said:
I'm assuming that the device does show the artist and title, correct?

But I'm also assuming that you can't change the station using the steering wheel controls.
aux-in will work for SIRIUS or xm, Also with the multiple MP3 players out there. Dell DJ, MPIO, RIO, Creative Zen, and ipod.

you are correct in assuming that you can not change the station using the steering wheel controls.

aux-in is awesome:lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts