SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did they do much safety-wise in the 9-7 vs. a trailblazer? I'm just curious, since Saab usually boosted the saftey of the GM models they inherited.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Same as TB- I think its Marginal in some areas -

Although you would think that something has heavy as the 9-7x would be safer...
Safety is the big fad of todays age, One could say that all the vehicles and devices are "overly" safe.
Operating economy has been all but forgotten, IMO.

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
Hopefully, they changed the brake lines that were used on the '99-'03 models. Do a search for "GM brake line rust" and you'll see that 6.2 million vehicles are affected. It's similar to the coil spring rust that the newer Saabs had when driven in the snow belt, except far worse... Ron

·
Registered
88 Posts
The safety features are a bit of a PITA. the stabilitrak turns on when you don't want it, the traction control is frustrating, etc.

I was taught to drive, not just handed the keys. I can't stand all the crap they have to do to vehicles now because 16 yr old Susy was just tossed the keys so she could text and drive or for her mother that does the same thing and then they sue someone because their 5k lbs SUV couldn't stop in 50 feet from 60mph or it flipped when they swerved and jumped a median.

·
Registered
6 Posts
They don't "have to" do much...consumers expect it.

I'll take anti-locks, traction control, construction designed to collapse around the occupants instead of into them, safety belts, CHMSLs, decent headlights, safety glass, and a host of other things...any time.

If you've driven competitively at all, you'll welcome all that equipment and more because you become more and more aware that it's not you that's the problem, it's the other guy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts