SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator EMERITUS
8,800 Posts
Why the need to exeed the speed limit? I'm sure there are plenty of high speed and windy roads you can enjoy not too far from where you live.

X

·
0 Posts
Spoke to guy in an auto shop the other day about it, he recons its no good. at £10 ish a tin and £60+ and points its an expensive way to find out that it might not work :eek:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
You know, I reckon if enough people are circulating the rumour that it works, Mr. Clarkson might well try testing the product on a 'safe' speedway circuit - anyone remember that issue of Top Gear (the one with the hyper car doing 180+mph not setting the speed camera off). It'd be a great way to find out. The alternative is to set up an anti-speed camera political party. Probably do as much good for the country as the Conservatives and Labour would.

Cheers

Kenneth

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
thing is, THEY need our 'easy' money to cover the costs of those that don't pay for tax, insurance or MOT's etc or contribute in any other way to society. Life's all about 'net givers' & 'net takers' & the more the takers take the more 'givers' have to give. Call me cynical but it ain't escaped my attention that all the cameras are sited on perceived 'affluent' commuter routes whilst areas rife with joy riders / twockers are effectively police 'no-go' zones' :(
Not that there's a lot of point in taking a picture of a speeding uninsured car with no tax or MOT cos unless the driver's very stupid he won't have registered it to his address anyway.
And as our beloved Government's policies continue to encourage immigration of young men from far flung parts of the Globe with zero concept of MOT's, insurance or driving tests, matters are not likely to improve soon :roll:
No matter, because an unforseeably fortunate consequence of this policy is that 99% of such new road users are highly unlikely to vote Conservative in future elections. So, more of the same - only worse to come :evil:

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
i watched a tv program once about these so called anti camara devices and none of them worked cus all the police need to do is turn the pic into a negative and the number is a clear as day

1 - 8 of 8 Posts