SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wanted to see if i could have the downpipe/exhaust installed before i have the injectors put in and tuned the ecu w/ the bsr ppc stage 3? it would be only for a week or two in between the two installs at most (assuming i can find a place to do the downpipe/exhaust and injectors at once.

·
Super Moderator
20,436 Posts
As I recall mbodo was running his 3" downpipe and exhaust without tuning without issue.

·
Super Moderator
20,436 Posts
Best bet would be to email BSR.

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
Rip Van Winkle said:
just wanted to see if i could have the downpipe/exhaust installed before i have the injectors put in and tuned the ecu w/ the bsr ppc stage 3? it would be only for a week or two in between the two installs at most (assuming i can find a place to do the downpipe/exhaust and injectors at once.

Absolutely.

You can run it as long as you like.

·
Registered
125 Posts
There was a rumor floating around that the SS would throw a CEL if you put a DP on with a high flow cat.

Good to hear that is can be done.

That would be pretty lame if it couldn't be done.

·
Registered
943 Posts
the answer is yes. it willl work. tolerance for stock ecu is higher. tuned ecu is more extreme. sensitive to race cat. bsr cat n nordic cat will work fine

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
found a local import tuner that will do the entire install at once....dropping the car off tomorrow afternoon and will pick it up Thursday evening. :D

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well got the full stage 3 installed....runs like a dream but i had a CEL come on today...so i'm gonna have to go back and have them pull the code to see if it's related to the install and if it is...have them correct it....but there's definitely a huge difference from the stock 2.0t to a stage 3 2.0t. And the BSR exhaust sounds great.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Rip Van Winkle said:
well got the full stage 3 installed....runs like a dream but i had a CEL come on today...so i'm gonna have to go back and have them pull the code to see if it's related to the install and if it is...have them correct it....but there's definitely a huge difference from the stock 2.0t to a stage 3 2.0t. And the BSR exhaust sounds great.
Were you able to figure out what the CEL was for and get it corrected? How has the car been long-term with no tuning? Thanks in response.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Rip Van Winkle said:
Rip, do you have any information on the cause of the CEL? Frosty288 reported that he too had a CEL come on after he installed his BSR downpipe, and I am wondering if yours is related to your new downpipe. I would like to get this all sorted out before I commit to installing one on my wife's 9-3.

Thanks for you feedback.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I am betting its the sensor 2 after that CAT that says reading is out of range. meaning reading before the CAT and after the CAT are the same.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.