SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just had another baby and now, MY baby must go. I live in Texas and am having a difficult time moving my car due to 1) lack of a strong market for these cars here and 2) a local wholesaler that deflates what little Saab market there is by buying cars that have been painted on, etc. and selling them dirt cheap. They stock isn't at all nice, but their prices depress the trade in and individual retail market.

Does anyone have advice on the best way to go about getting a somewhat fair price for my car? I have it listed on autotrader, but am not getting any bites. Looking at blue book values, these cars must be going for more money somewhere, it just isn't here.

If you have recently sold or traded in your 9-3, I would appreciate knowing what you sold / traded it for and what avenue you used to advertise it.

For what it's worth, my car is a black ARC with 70k miles, automatic.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Being January doesn't help either because of after Christmas credit card shock. I am amazed at the low prices for Saabs that I am seeing.

Cars.com is cheap way to market a car too. I saw a 2004 Arc Vert for $17,000 there with HID and the premium options package. Sweet for buying, bad for selling.

You may have to trade it in on whatever you are buying and bite the bullet. A Saab dealer will likely give you the most trade-in value. Will a 9-5 or 9-3 SC work for you?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I haven't been to my dealership yet to see what they would offer as they don't have any used inventory that meets my needs. However, the three places I have been are only offering about $9k. Granted, my car isnt' brand new and the miles are maybe a bit high for the age, but it's in really good shape. I can't even get bites trying to sell it outright around here for $12.5 (what I owe) despite the fact that I'm throwing in the balance of the GMPP that covers the car until 92k miles.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Just for comparison I went to a dealer here contemplating trading my car. It has all service records with no extended warranty. My car currently has 62K miles on it and they offered me $9500 on the trade.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
tdbohannon said:
We just had another baby and now, MY baby must go. I live in Texas.
Don't know how many babys / toddlers that makes, but must go? I see you are in Texas where everything is generally larger but over the other side of the pond it is not unusual to see a 9-3 with an infant and a toddler seat in them, fitting 3 seats is a squeeze and that may be where you are at, but with the size of the trunk it is not difficult to manage 2 adults / 2 children in these. Two + Three is possible but getting those seatbelts clunked in is more of a challenge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts