SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi does anyone have the phone number for saab customer services uk. Was meant to collect a new 9-5 today from droitwitch saab (y reg new to me). we arranged with the dealer to collect the vehicle today arround 1 pm. the dealer phones at 12:15 to say oops the car has no tax left on it :lol: ,you cant pick it up. I asked the pratt over a week ago about the tax and he said ther was a couple of months left on the car. I hope this isnt a sighn of things to come:evil:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just been on the phone to the pratt whom sold me the car . hes going to personaly deliver the car today, with some flowers thrown in for good measure. Sorry i shouted at him now proberbly going to thrash the nuts of it now:nono;

·
Registered
77 Posts
Im alway sorry to see when a customer has a bad experience. I personally do everything I can to make my customers happy and keep them happy. After all my business is run by you out there.

And no we dont all lie. I work hard at not being labled a car salesmen, so I take offence when I am included in with the losers who have given us a bad name. They simply wont last, they move form dealership to dealership.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Result!!! i had the car deliverd. had a full tank of petrol and some flowers for my wife. Ther were a few bits and pieces like a dent in the bonnet that was repaired badly:roll: , the dealer has promsed that the job will be redone in house and will be provided with a courtesy car:D . So saved by the skin of ther teeth hopefully my saab dealer experiance will get better from hear on in.
I would still like the number for saab uk please

·
Registered
103 Posts
nice of em.... i cll up trying to figure when yo bring my car in for the 40k checkup and they throw me on hold for the upside of 20 minutes then pick up and ask what i want then i tell them politely again... they they ask well is there somethign wrong with it?

It must just be Bay Ridge Saab.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts

Any help?

By the way a bunch of flowers for the wife is a good deal, I tried to get a TV for mine but no one wanted her :roll:

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Without wishing to seem like i'm siding with the dealers, but why do you still want to complain? You've got your car, on the correct day with a tank of fuel, flowers for the wife, and a promise to have the bonnet dent professionally done. They've bent over backwards to try to appease you already.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I understand you were disappointed at the news of a delay, but other than that initial hiccup, I don't think you could ask for better service. A tankful of fuel is a nice bonus!

Being more positive, how does the new one compare to the old? Is a new 2.3eco a bit tame by comparison with your old 2.3fpt?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hildebird said:
I understand you were disappointed at the news of a delay, but other than that initial hiccup, I don't think you could ask for better service. A tankful of fuel is a nice bonus!

Being more positive, how does the new one compare to the old? Is a new 2.3eco a bit tame by comparison with your old 2.3fpt?
Hi the service was a bit poor, I called the salesman over a week ago to work out how to tax the new vehicle, was told dont worry got a few months tax on it, It hadnt any since the end of august. They had the car for two weeks from the point of me agreeing to buy and leaving a deposit to delivery so they had plenty of time to get everything right. The upshot of it all is the new insurance certificate did not arive till this morning so been looking at it not being able to drive it, beacuse of no tax disk. ill let you now later on when i put her through her paces.:cheesy:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Kermit said:
Without wishing to seem like i'm siding with the dealers, but why do you still want to complain? You've got your car, on the correct day with a tank of fuel, flowers for the wife, and a promise to have the bonnet dent professionally done. They've bent over backwards to try to appease you already.
I no longer wish to complain just thought it would be handy to have the number to find out if the car has the retrospective warranty with regards to the engine sludgeing proplem, beacuse the car is a 2001 and seems to be coverd. But the dealer had no knowlage of the warranty or even the problem with the oil system. Thought id talk to someone that would know.

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Did you notice the numbers include the digits 9-3 and 9-5? My local dealers number ends in 9000. :cool: How is it every movie you see thats US based, the number starts 555? :roll:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Kermit said:
Did you notice the numbers include the digits 9-3 and 9-5? My local dealers number ends in 9000. :cool: How is it every movie you see thats US based, the number starts 555? :roll:
most americans would call the number if it didnt start with 555. you must realize that most americans arent as smart as us saab owners.:roll: every heard 867-5309, i wonder how many times that number was called?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
GazWild said:
Hi the service was a bit poor, I called the salesman over a week ago to work out how to tax the new vehicle, was told dont worry got a few months tax on it, It hadnt any since the end of august. They had the car for two weeks from the point of me agreeing to buy and leaving a deposit to delivery so they had plenty of time to get everything right. The upshot of it all is the new insurance certificate did not arive till this morning so been looking at it not being able to drive it, beacuse of no tax disk. ill let you now later on when i put her through her paces.:cheesy:

Gave it a sound thrashing today took it all in its strid,very nice. :cheesy: Not as qiuck as my 9000 but not to worry. That 15 hp makes a diffrance. Handles alot better on the bendy stuff, overall very impresed. They have managed to keep it a SAAB despite now being owened by GM (if that makes sense).

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Handles better than a 9000 :eek: never :cheesy: :cheesy:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts