SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to dinner with a friend last week, and a few of the comments from the (youngish) staff when we came in were priceless:

"That's a nice Honda."
"We thought you were teenagers, the way you pulled in."
"Have you tuned it yet?"

:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Indeed they did. Then again, they were something like 9-10 years old when Saab closed its doors.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It seems all the makers have converged on the same basic aerodynamic shape in sedans and combis. When I first drove an NG 9-3 as a dealer loaner, I thought it didn't look much like a Saab. 🤪

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
In high school I worked at a service station. People asking for directions were treated as such: Pulls up on a rainy day to the office and won't get out of car - no directions. People who insist, rudely, they already took that road and won't listen get either you can't get there from here or "Oh, yeah, you're right" then get sent in the opposite direction. There was a third scenario, but I do not remember it.

·
Registered
17,377 Posts
Pulled in to the local auto parts store to pick up some vac hose yesterday. I noticed the 30ish clerk looking at my Viggen-esq Saab. When I got in side he asked "What the heck is that you're driving?". Admittedly, I'm in an area where there are .1 Saabs per 100K cars, but it still surprised me to hear that.

·
Registered
17,377 Posts
Was it a positive "What the heck is that you're driving?" Or negative "What the heck is that you're driving?" ?
Pretty sure it was neutral. Quickly degenerated into a "we all hate GM now" discussion as he drives an older Pontiac that's among the demised brands.

EDIT: It didn't help him that my hood badge has depainted.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts