SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've looked around a bit but haven't found anything about them.

in particular i was browsing an auction of theirs for lowering springs, in which they claim they are their own springs (Saab Tuners, as opposed to re-selling eibach's e.g.), and also claim "150 years of spring design and manufacturing expertise" went in to their design. AND that the springs are made by "the same maker of Saab OEM Spring".

so if they've been around for 150 years (or have 150 collective years) working with saabs, why can i not find out any info about the company? their own description in the ebay stores section says "SAAB TUNERS IS YOUR RELIABLE SOURCE FOR THE LATEST & HOTESTS PRODUCTS IN THE SAAB TUNING WORLD..."

most of their other auctions that i saw are reselling wheels etc from other companies. they have 80 positive feebacks, so someone must know SOMEthing!

i'll still be getting the koni kit when the time comes, btw, just thought i'd try to learn more about these guys. if there's more to learn, that is! :roll:

hope everyone's having a good week!

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
This is a typical auctioner. I'm sure their other adds read "MAZDA TUNERS IS YOUR RELIABLE SOURCE FOR THE LATEST & HOTESTS PRODUCTS IN THE MAZDA TUNING WORLD..." Click to see their other items and see if I'm right.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Yeah, their wheels are just cheapies from Tirerack with new Saab centercaps.
I'm pretty sure they left a flyer on my windshield at Carlisle too.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
I met one of those guys at a Saab meet, he seemed like a nice guy, but I can't say I have ever dealt with him business wise. their springs he told me are B&G, I don't know for sure if Saab really uses B&G for OEM springs.:confused:

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
abdukted1456 said:
I met one of those guys at a Saab meet, he seemed like a nice guy, but I can't say I have ever dealt with him business wise. their springs he told me are B&G, I don't know for sure if Saab really uses B&G for OEM springs.:confused:
As far as I know the only springs that SAAB used that were B&G as a factory stock option were the SAAB sport springs for the 9-3 SE in 2000-2002 that lowered the car an additional 1". There is a guy on one of the other forums I belong to that said Eibach actually does the OE for new SAAB's 2003 and up but I can't confirm that either.

I have heard with the B&G's they are prone to rear sagging though. Is there anyone on here who has them and can comment on the sag issues? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
I have an '02 9-3 SE with the "sport chassis" and so if mine are Saab OEM B&G's then I guess they seem OK, no sagging. or are you talking about a catalog accessory that were B&G? I don't know that mine looks any lower than other stock Saabs, though...

I think the aftermarket B&G that lower even more are the ones where sagging happens. In fact I have seen an ng900 that looked outright dumb because the rear was hanging so much lower than the front. and the guy said he used B&G.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i don't think those will fit on NG900's or 9-3's because of where the air line attaches. you would have to drill a hole through the bump stop and frame to route it...

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
NCviggen said:
i don't think those will fit on NG900's or 9-3's because of where the air line attaches. you would have to drill a hole through the bump stop and frame to route it...
You are correrct and that setup is for the C900 but if you do some modification it would be possible to use them in the NG's and the 9-3's I think.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts