SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
just put on the saab sport exhaust on my 1999 9-3 and love the sound and better spool up. the problem is that the pipe does not come out past the bumper. i just put it on last night and already have black resedue on the bumper on my paint. im worried its going to eat through my paint. does anyone else have this exhaust and how did you solve the problem???? any info is great!

ben

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
The residue shouldn't do any permanent damage to your paint. All you need to do is find a tip. Pep Boys has a good one. Search for Stalker's post about his new saabsport. He fitted one of these tips as did I and it looks good. Not too rice.

·
Registered
919 Posts
stromer said:
The residue shouldn't do any permanent damage to your paint. All you need to do is find a tip. Pep Boys has a good one. Search for Stalker's post about his new saabsport. He fitted one of these tips as did I and it looks good. Not too rice.
Actually I think im about to switch it, Im kinda gettin tired of it. I think ill get a dual tip next (the beauty of a bolt on :cheesy: ) I think i might have the link around here, aha there it is. The tip pics are at the bottom. *note i removed the bottom bolt later on to get a cleaner look, since the top 2 arent visible w/o beign entirely under the car. Pep boys had a good selection and i imagine napa would as well?

exhaust

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hay guys
thanks for the help! went to auto zone and got a really good looking rectangle tip. It looks pretty darn good!! next is down pipe and flex pipe!!!

ben

1 - 5 of 5 Posts