SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if SAAB is sponsoring the Tour itself, or just OLN (American cable "Outdoor Living Network" on which the Tour is being televised) coverage of the Tour. However, the SAAB logo is on all the on-screen graphics, they sponsor the pre-race show, and there are SAAB commercials at every commercial break.

Bicycling Magazine also has SAAB sponsorship logos on its homepage.

I think this is a GREAT thing. Bicycling and SAAB fit together really well. Years ago SAAB had a partnership with Gary Fischer bicycles but that was mountain biking. I don't think that was as good a fit as at the time SAAB didn't have any models specifically designed for off-road access.

I think road bicycle racing is perfect for SAAB. If they sponsored a team the 9-5 SportWagon would be the perfect team car.

SAAB has been targeting the young, affluent demographic for years and here in the U.S. many of those in that demographic are into outdoor activities such as bicycling. The 9-3X concept specifically had a built-in bicycle rack and the 9-X concept could be configured to hold bicycles in the back. Heck, my grandfather used to tote his 10-speed around in the inside of his C900 (after removing the front wheel and folding the rear seats)!

After as much criticism I give GM, I really think that someone did a good positive thing for SAAB in advertising during the Tour de France. Kudos to SAAB or GM, or whomever's responsible for this!

·
Registered
9,087 Posts
I agree entirely with your comments but dont see Saab there.. However amongst the sponsers is ...
Saab are continuing their collaboration with Soloman, ski equipment..

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DavidMorgan said:
I agree entirely with your comments but dont see Saab there.. However amongst the sponsers is ...
Saab are continuing their collaboration with Soloman, ski equipment..
After my post I looked into it more and it appears to me that SAAB is sponsoring both OLN's Tour de France coverage as well as Bicycling magazine's. It doesn't appear SAAB sponsors the Tour itself.

Here's a list of the official Tour sponsors: Le Tour de France Sponsors website

Even though they didn't sponsor the Tour itself (ensuring worldwide exposure) I think they're doing well to sponsor America's window to the Tour through the OLN television coverage.

A

·
0 Posts
Just by googling "tour de france" I pulled up a site that gives the current stats on the cyclists and has Saab ads all over it. Saab really has that bicycle demographic down:cheesy:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
they need to sponsor a golf tournament or maybe have one of their own.

everyone plays golf. it's only a matter of time before you get bitten by the golf bug.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts