SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are several folks here from the Nashua, NH area so I hope I can get some suggestions. The Saab dealer for this area, Saab Nashua North, just moved from Merrimack, NH (less than 10 minutes from my house) to the other side of Milford, NH, more than half an hour away (and much further from where I work.) I expect to find that this is too far for me to find comfortable. (I know, some of you probably have to drive further to a dealer, but indulge me..)

Many years ago, there was an independent shop in Nashua I used for Saab service, Dick's Foreign Auto (DFA), but the ownership changed and the quality of their work went way downhill. I have not been back since. Where do people in the Nashua area take their Saabs for service? I am now out of warranty.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey sorry I'm a bit late. I actually would like to know the same. I had been bringing my car to Saab Nashua North for scheduled services when it was in North Nashua or Merrimack. I haven't had to go back since they moved to Milford. For smaller repairs, I have been bringing my car to a mechanic in my town who is good with Volvos.

I saw Dick's as well. I haven't heard anything about that place. Would be interested in any experiences.

Where have you been bringing your Saab?

·
Registered
4 Posts
For our '07 Saab (still under warranty), we've been bringing it to Tracy Banks Saab in Concord, NH (we live in Londonderry, NH). For our older '98 Saab, we've been using a great little shop in Bow, NH called Saab Shop. They're knowledgeable and quite reasonable.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Joe at the SaabShop in Bow (just south of Concord) has been great for me.

http://www.joesaab.com/

I used Saab Nashua North/Accent Auto Group in Milford, but they're a hike from Concord. Tracy Banks isn't bad either, but indy's are the way to go.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So far, I have not had to have any actual repairs done since SNN moved. I did get my free annual state inspection last March and found that they had, I believed, overtightened the lug bolts, which I discovered when I went to swap my snows. They did the exchange for me for free. I will be back there tomorrow to have them disable the OnStar.

It's about a 25 minute drive for me, but Concord would be about 40 minutes, two tolls and in the "wrong" direction.

The new Milford location is certainly larger, but it feels as if Saab is just a sideline to the Chevy and GMC business. The way things are going with GM and Saab, I may not have to worry about it for my next car. I'm hoping to get at least another three years out of the '03 - so far, so good. While it is going on six years old, it has very low mileage (43K).

I have not dealt with Dick's since 1997.

·
Registered
62 Posts
So it sounds as if the shop in Bow is pretty good. I just looked up the directions and from my house it is a 45 minute drive (almost all highway) plus $4 in tolls. I wish more people worked on Saabs around here.

Anyone know anything about Nashua Foreign Auto? I've heard good things from other people, but none of them have Saabs. I'm guessing they probably don't have the equipment at NFA.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I lived right down the road from the Budweiser plant so I was a bit dissapointed it moved as well, BUT I do reccomend going to Saab Nashua North in Milford. I bought my 07 Aero there and the service department is pretty damn good. I even scratched the damn bumper when I hit a pole and they filled in the scratch and painted it and everything for free - without me even having to ask, they just did it.

Havn't tried the place in Concord, but Milford isn't all too bad if you go through Amherst by taking the back road behind the White Hen Pantry off exit 11 - relaxing drive when I have to leave work to take it in. :)

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've dealt with Nashua Foreign Auto in the past, but mainly a long time ago. I don't know if they would have specialized Saab equipment such as Tech II, but they're probably ok for generic things such as exhaust, brakes, etc. Also, I had brakes done at the Firestone shop on Amherst St. in Nashua last spring and I thought that went well.

Just got back from "Accent Auto Group" (former Saab Nashua North) to get the OnStar disabled. Very pleasant experience. The waiting room was empty when I got there, but a couple of people showed up later. I remember it being much busier in the past.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts