SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this past weekend i went for a ride in my friends new Jetta GLI.. pretty nice car...anyway, i fell in love with the seats. they had 1000 times more side/lateral support than our seats do, in fact our seats seem pretty flat almost. i think that saab could add some more to the side cushioning of our seats to help us stay planted...what do u guys think

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
The Recaro's in the GLI are nice. I had two GTI's with the non Recaro sport seats. I liked them. Since I bought my SS, I have been in a couple of friends GTI's. The seats are really uncomfortable to me now. The side bolsters dig into my sides. Maybe I gained too much weight in the last two years. :nono;

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
SeanArc said:
this past weekend i went for a ride in my friends new Jetta GLI.. pretty nice car...anyway, i fell in love with the seats. they had 1000 times more side/lateral support than our seats do, in fact our seats seem pretty flat almost. i think that saab could add some more to the side cushioning of our seats to help us stay planted...what do u guys think
What year GLI? I had an '89 Jetta GLI 16V. It had the best factory Recaro seats and factory BBS wheels. I kinda wish I had kept the vehicle.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
One of the many reasons why I chose a Vector/Aero over an Arc.

How would you guys rate the Vector seats compared to other cars?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it was a 2004 GLI i think...either that or 05, it was one of the new ones with the recaro seats.. i loved them

·
Registered
638 Posts
I like the lower back support and overall comfort sitting in the saab seats. However, I wish they were a bit more firm in the bottom cushion. My GF's integra has a very firm bottom cushion that I think is really nice on long trips.

If a seat is going to be sopft on the bottom, it had better be springloaded and fitted with a horsehair pad like my Mercedes Diesel - the paramount of reliability, economy and long haul cruising comfort in cars.

JMH

·
Registered
56 Posts
I love Saab seats. The headrest is a great design feature, as well as the safety it provides. My only problem with mine is the seat of the seat on my car is sinking. I don't know how to approach the dealer or articulate on it so they would replace or fix it.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Christopher said:
I love Saab seats. The headrest is a great design feature, as well as the safety it provides. My only problem with mine is the seat of the seat on my car is sinking. I don't know how to approach the dealer or articulate on it so they would replace or fix it.
I'm right there with ya. This would be hard to prove as a problem vs normal wear. At some point, if it gets much worse, I've been thinking I may see about replacing the foam for the center portion. Ideally, however, I would love to replace the seats with Aero seats! :cool:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ya the aero seats are 10x better than my arc seats... they give you the lateral support that they arc and linear seats dont

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
josh said:
Ideally, however, I would love to replace the seats with Aero seats! :cool:
I've been working on-off this ever since I got my car.
No luck. :confused:
Just the trim & foam alone was like a king's ransom.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts