SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone bought one of the Saab-Scania hood emblems from the seller Volvonest on eBay (link below)? The price is decent, and the picture they show looks correct, but it seems strange that they'd still have so many available when no one has had them in stock for ages. I have a NOS hatch emblem for my 2000 that I've never used because I haven't found the hood emblem. If no one else has ordered one from these guys, I might be the guinea pig and see what happens. They want the numbers from the back of the original emblem, but there are plenty of images of the back of the old emblems on Google that I can get the numbers from.

·
Registered
10,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The original badges for the 9-5 were chromed plastic, too, so I wonder how much worse this one really is.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ok. C900s and 9000s were metal so I’m just going off of wxperience.

Just seems weird and onerous that they ABSOLUTELY need the badge number from your old one or will cancel your order. Or, if you don’t have one, pick from a list of number off the internet and sign a waiver...

Why not just get a rally pig badge and call it good?

Attachments

·
Registered
10,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The old emblems were definitely nicer. I have a few C900 emblems, and they're beautiful compared to what came on the NG900, 9-3, and 9-5. I have a pair of C900 metal "SAAB" fender emblems on the front fenders of my '97 900.

They do seem like dicks about the part numbers. I've never understood why some people feel the need to come cross like that in listings. Have they been hurt that badly? 😁

·
Registered
2002 9-5 Wagon, 2002 9-5 Aero, 2003 9-5 Aero, 2002 9-3 Aero
11 Posts
I used an exacto knife to lift a small part of the center badge section. Then used a small pair of nose pliers and rolled the old one off. It's just there with some sort of glue. Scraped of the old glue, mixed a small amount of epoxy and put a dollop in the middle, then used one of the cheapie adhesive ones that you get from Aliexpress or similar. Worked a treat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts