SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
8 years of Saabs has somewhat come to and end. Started with a 99 9-5, then a 03 linear followed by the 08 V6 Aero. Its been quite a ride through the years with them with plenty of adventures, broken parts, swear words and repairs, and go faster and better mods..
the Aero is on the front yard with a for sale sign on it (advertised here too..) and the driveway now has a 2010 Audi S4 next to wifeys car. It took some time to find the right combination of interior and exterior colours, along with the torque vectoring rear diff option that not all got, but it was worth the wait.
The supercharged 3.0 V6 and rear biased 60/40 split to the wheels makes it hook up great, and is a treat especially so when one might be feeling a little tail happy :giggle:, plus exhuast pops on upshift are fun. Aleady modded the intake (properly, no shoddyness seen here thankyou) which allows the sound of the supercharger to come alive, and just a small bit of exhaust work to do in the future once I get the full aluminium skids plates taken care of.
Though, when I see a Saab driving towards me and I go to wave as I usually would, I dont, realizing that the driver of the Saab wont have a clue why Im grinning at them and waving manically as they drive by.

Anyone else out there gone on to another make/car they love, but still miss that quirky Saab and what it used to bring?

·
Super Moderator
18,992 Posts
Yep. Enjoying my 2015 GTI. It's a bit rowdy too. Drive the Saab when it rains or snows or when I feel like it. Love having 2 cars.

·
Super Moderator
1,452 Posts
I feel like our Alfa Romeo Giulia is our “spiritual successor” to our SAABs. Turbocharged 2.0L, awesome AWD system, beautiful looks, quirky interior design, great handling, etc. So, a lot of similarities to some of our past SAABs, even though it’s obviously it’s own thing.

·
Super Moderator
18,992 Posts
I feel like our Alfa Romeo Giulia is our “spiritual successor” to our SAABs. Turbocharged 2.0L, awesome AWD system, beautiful looks, quirky interior design, great handling, etc. So, a lot of similarities to some of our past SAABs, even though it’s obviously it’s own thing.
How's the reliability? Are the fears overblown?

·
Super Moderator
1,452 Posts
How's the reliability? Are the fears overblown?
We bought it 8 months ago so hardly a super long test, but it has been flawless so far. Other surprises so far are MPG (29.5 combined, we do not drive slow...lol) and handling. I expected the handing to be good, but it’s excellent. The wife drives this most of the time but we get asked what kind of car it is, literally every time what drive it. Car is a looker!

9E2D69A8-273E-4AB1-A75A-82D069DBDAB2.jpeg

BF8A3AA0-9F1B-4673-BB08-FA44A27AD4B5.jpeg

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
We bought it 8 months ago so hardly a super long test, but it has been flawless so far. Other surprises so far are MPG (29.5 combined, we do not drive slow...lol) and handling. I expected the handing to be good, but it’s excellent. The wife drives this most of the time but we get asked what kind of car it is, literally every time what drive it. Car is a looker!

View attachment 268902
View attachment 268903
Dang...that's a purty car.

·
Super Moderator
1,452 Posts
Who cares about the car - that garage is ridiculous, Josh.
Thanks! It’s not that special, but I do my best to keep it looking decent. I’m hoping to build a car barn in the near future, but the wife is eyeballing a bigger house (that we don’t need lol), so we’ll see. But if I do the car barn, it’s going to make this garage look like a homeless shelter. 🤣

·
Super Moderator
1,452 Posts
Right! My OCD was put at ease with all the spray bottles equally spaced and oriented in the same direction. lol
Ha! Glad I’m not the only one who appreciates that. Meanwhile, my 18 year old son makes fun of me for it...as he loots every car care product I have to care for his Mustang GT... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
646 Posts
Ha! Glad I’m not the only one who appreciates that. Meanwhile, my 18 year old son makes fun of me for it...as he loots every car care product I have to care for his Mustang GT... :rolleyes:
Haha yes. Do keep us posted on reliability of the Alfa, it's on my short list for next addition. I don't say replacement because the 9-3 Aero will always have more value to me than what I could sell it for so I'll probably just keep it until the wheels fall off. Need more garage bays.

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
Still have our 2013 Volvo C70. We originally leased it in 2013 intending to just keep leasing new ones because ... well... that's what the wife liked to do. But then 6 months after we signed for it, Volvo decides to stop making them. We absolutely adore the hard top convertible so we wound up buying out the lease and fully intend to keep that car forever. :D
I like my Mazda CX5, too. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts