SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you buy it again or something different? My rear dampers are shot and for a little bit more than twice the price of new rear Koni's, I can get the Roadholding kit. Sounds to good to be true. thoughts...
2000 9-5 lpt 75,000 miles

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
On an LPT car yes definately! If you plan to upgrade power above 230 ish bhp there are better alternatives ;)

·
Registered
160 Posts
plus the sab kit comes with the aero sway bars if im not mistake, as well as new dampers and aero springs which will lower the car 10mm.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Hey,

I just recently purchased and fitted the kit, it comes with 4 uprated springs, 4 shocks, and front and back anti roll bars (aero spec). Makes the ride a bit harder but as a result the car is much more enjoyable.

Took about 4/5 hours to fit... with the help of a friend.

Regards
Michael

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dicreamio, how was it swapping out the rear shocks and the front sway bar? Heard they're both a PITA. Any tips?

·
Registered
31 Posts
i have a 03 aero

to me the ride is too soft.
at high speeds when taking a slight curve if theres a small bump in the road
the car seems to bounce up and down and a little bit side to side is that normal
traveling 110+ mph

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
jaluu2 said:
i have a 03 aero

to me the ride is too soft.
at high speeds when taking a slight curve if theres a small bump in the road
the car seems to bounce up and down and a little bit side to side is that normal
traveling 110+ mph
Have you tried slowing down? :cheesy:

·
Registered
679 Posts
Front swaybar/antiroll bar :) was awkward enough

We got it out by loosening it at the mounts etc... removing one side of the track rod arm (LHS) (at the ball joint)... (while two front struts removed).. then my friend guided me from the drivers side (RHS) while I twisted the bar round and pulled out wiggling it around all the obstructions.

Removing the back shocks was grand... loosen the 4 studs, (you leave the top ones in i think).. remove the bottome ones.. loosen the bolt on the bottom of the shock 22mm spanner I think and away you go... its out.

Breaking the shock down to get the cap off was the hardest as there seemed to be alot of water sitting in the small cup which had corroded the nut and the thread... lots of wd40 needed.

Rear anti roll bar a few awkward nuts but after that your flying you just need to just drop the exhaust down and the new one goes in grand..

The hardest thing is splitting the old shocks and swapping the caps/thrust bearings etc... oh and the front bar is awkward enough to remove the mountings around the rubber bushes...

4/5 hours is a definite time span to give yourself... at max 6 if things go really hairy.

Michael

·
Registered
312 Posts
Drove my Alfa on the Autostrada between Milano and Lago di Garda, doing speeds around 130mph - 140 mph for long periods - absolutely fantastic :cheesy:.

We pulled into a service station for a break just as a police Alfa 155 was leaving with it's blue light on :eek: .

Italy was the most enjoyable place that I've ever driven in.

·
Registered
31 Posts
yes it was

i am back in the states now and really miss driving over there
where i live now the roads are very flat and straight
and really boring ecept for night time when u gotta dodge a deer every
mile or so

1 - 14 of 14 Posts